Finding previous versions of apps for old phones?

LordBalthazar

Reaction score
I have an original droid. I've had it for about 4 years now (it's not my main phone, I just use it for the following). I mainly use my phone for one thing, Swagbucks. If anyone here does Swagbucks, they know the mobile app is MUCH better on the droid than it is on the iphone. I have been running the SBTV app on my droid while at home and at work now for the past few months. Today I got home and all of the sudden my droid went funky, acting like it was a first time setup and force closing any app I tried to run. I had to do a factory reset. I went to reinstall the swagbucks app, but unfortunately at some point they updated their app beyond my android software (version 2.2.3). They now require 2.3.3 to run. I am in no way asking how to install things illegally or how to root my phone. I just want to install a version of the app I want to run on my phone. OR if it's possible to update my phone to 2.3.3 that'd work too. However, I have already tried going to Settings/About phone/System updates and it says it's updated.

I *have* done multiple system updates since I bought the phone, so I don't know if the system updates added themselves to the "factory settings" or if my phone is just taking it's time but I do know that before I did the factory reset it was at Android Version 2.2.3 so I don't know what can be updated.

Any help is appreciated.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
The last ota for the original Droid was 2.2.3. The other way to run a 2.3.x rom is to root your phone.

If this were me, I'd try contacting the developer. I'd let them know what you posted here & ask if they could help.

OP
L

LordBalthazar

Reaction score
The last ota for the original Droid was 2.2.3. The other way to run a 2.3.x rom is to root your phone.

If this were me, I'd try contacting the developer. I'd let them know what you posted here & ask if they could help.

Thanks for the reply. I did send them an email. Hopefully they'll be able to help. I really don't want to root my phone, but I guess if it comes to that I'll have to.