finding downloaded content

harmy82386

Reaction score
where can u find the stuff u have downloaded? like ive download ringtones and if i dont want them anymore how do i find them and delete them off of my phono?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If they're from the browser, they'll be on your SD card in the 'download' folder.
If you used a ringtone app, chances are it's in a folder (on your SD card) named or associated with the app you used to download the ringtone.

JCo352

Reaction score
On this same subject...kinda...I have ringdroid and I make my ringtones out of my mp3's but one time I accidentally set one of my mp3's(the whole song from beginning to end, not using ringdroid) to a ringtone. It shows up in my ringtones list and I would like to delete it from there and I can't, is there a way to?...not a big deal, but the ocd in me wants it out of there.

droider4life

Reaction score
It should be on the SD card under ringtones or my sounds. If u delete it out of that folder it should remove it from the list.. "I think"

ShowTime

Reaction score
On this same subject...kinda...I have ringdroid and I make my ringtones out of my mp3's but one time I accidentally set one of my mp3's(the whole song from beginning to end, not using ringdroid) to a ringtone. It shows up in my ringtones list and I would like to delete it from there and I can't, is there a way to?...not a big deal, but the ocd in me wants it out of there.

Hmm I'm not certain since I don't have any music stored on my phone and the only ringtones I have I added via my computer/usb mount. Is there a ringtones folder on your sd card (whether you created it or ringdroid did or whatever)? I would think that, if it's listed in your ringtone choices, your phone would have needed to add a copy of it to such a folder (since even if I add custom made ringtones to my sd card, they won't show up in the default list unless I put them in my ringtones folder). Try connecting your phone (or use Astro if you have it) and see if there's a ringtone folder or something where the rest of the ringtones you've made and such are. Look in there and see if there's a copy of the entire song and delete it from the folder.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

It should be on the SD card under ringtones or my sounds. If u delete it out of that folder it should remove it from the list.. "I think"
Droider4life answered your question.

It should be in a folder labeled 'ringtones'. Anything you put in there will show up as a ringtone choice. Same goes for the folder called 'notifications'.

JCo352

Reaction score
ive looked under sd card>media>audio>ringtones and it it just gives me the ringtones from ringdroid, and i've looked under system>media>audio>ringtones and that gives me the ringtones that come with the phone but not the mp3 one

JCo352

Reaction score
I didn't put this in a file myself I long pressed on an mp3 in my music and accidentally pressed "Use as ringtone"

JCo352

Reaction score
Did u try just SD card/ ringtones?

I dont have that

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can try something simple as.... delete the mp3 that is the ringtone. Restart your Droid. See if it's gone then. If it is, then re-add that mp3 and you should be ok.

JCo352

Reaction score
Yea i was just thinking that, ill try it, i appreciate everyones help!

droider4life

Reaction score
Also maybe try searching the entire SD card for that song name and just see where it shows up... with like " astro" just a suggestion.

JCo352

Reaction score
I deleted the song and its gone now after rebooting thanks all