Finally!

OwlD2G

Reaction score
After much experimentation, frustration, and aggravation, I *finally* have my Droid main screen set up so I can, at least, live with it!

kptphalkon

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

No seriously though, download the shootme app. Just remember to run it again so you can turn it off, and NEVER use the hidden mode!

Reaction score
What kptfalcon said. Shootme is a great free app for taking screenshots of your phone. It does require you to be rooted, though.

OP
O

OwlD2G

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

No seriously though, download the shootme app. Just remember to run it again so you can turn it off, and NEVER use the hidden mode!

I'm on a Mac.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Sir, it's for your phone.

For rooting:

Search around the forums or google for z4root, i used it nice and easy, just had to wait maybe 2 minutes and had to force close/restart the process, but it worked like a charm.

Simply download the z4root zip to your sd card and extract it, straight from the phone. Go into settings > applications and enable non market apps (the top option), then go to debugging and enable usb debugging mode. Now install z4root.

Z4root, once you get the phone set up properly to run it, will have two options. You want the "permanent root" option. Dont worry because this CAN be removed. When it runs properly, and you might need to reboot first or run it a couple times (if it stays at the 'running exploit' screen for more than a few minutes you'll have to end the program manually to restart).

So now, the phone will be rooted. Z4root will install kouch's droid2 bootstrapper, which will reboot your phone after installing clockworkmod recovery. Really great thing to have! Once you're rooted, I HIGHLY suggest using CWM (you wanna hold x and delete while the m logo is on the screen) to make a nandroid backup, that is, a backup of your entire phone system files. This doesnt touch or change your sd card.

Well.....have fun lol. I really recommend rooting, the phone is so much better that way!

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Please re-read the above post...I know it gets kinda detailed but trust me the process is worth it in the long run

OP
O

OwlD2G

Reaction score
Please re-read the above post...I know it gets kinda detailed but trust me the process is worth it in the long run

DAMN IT! I think/hope I deleted (only) the clock app!!! (Stop laughing.)! I've forgotten the name of the clock app I was using, too...damn it!

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Oh if you have shootme working, just shake the phone and it takes a picture. Just check your gallery, and go to all pictures or whatever, and it should be the most recent thing there

OP
O

OwlD2G

Reaction score
I give up!

OK, where's my gallery?

Last edited:

kptphalkon

Reaction score

Its an app....that lets you see the pictures you have....it comes with your phone!!!!

I have no idea where it is, if you cant find your own picture gallery we have problems man.

OP
O

OwlD2G

Reaction score
So, now that I have the photo, how do I send it to the forum?