Finally upgraded to ICS. Where the HECK is...?

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by buellboy9, Nov 23, 2012.

1. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I used to keep my Bionic in "CDMA only" mode in order to save the battery. I finally found that setting under the rearranged ICS "Settings Menu" but it's grayed out. How can I switch the phone to CDMA only again? I only use 4G/LTE when I'm tethered.

Also, the new USB menu doesn't seem to have a "Charge Only" setting so at times I can't leave the phone plugged into my laptop and use it too. Is there a way around that??

Thanks in advance.

2. Fulltime Traveler

Fulltime Traveler Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Well that answered my second question... but what about the first? Switching from CDMA/LTE to CDMA Only?

4. Fulltime Traveler

Fulltime Traveler Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You need a third-party app to do that now.

The only one I am aware of is "LTE OnOff - HTC Thunderbolt", in the App Store. I used it right after the ICS upgrade came out because we were in a 3G area. I had a great deal of difficulty turning LTE back on once we moved to a 4G area. I won't use it again.

Since we have been in 3G-only areas for the last two weeks, I haven't noticed any difference in battery performance than what I experienced with 4G turned off.

5. Gavo

Gavo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you mind telling me what you used to turn the LTE back on? I'm having serious trouble doing so.

6. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    It's not that hard. The problem is that no one properly identified the correct choice to switch back to LTE. You want:
    LTE/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA

7. Fulltime Traveler

Fulltime Traveler Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's not that easy

It took me a long time to get the phone to return to 4G service.

I repeatedly selected LTE/CDMA/EvDo in the LTE OnOff app. I tried rebooting the phone, powering it off, and removing the battery, and powering it back on. I went through the process maybe a dozen times before the LTE/CDMA/EvDo setting "took".

8. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I discovered you only have to do it once, but it takes awhile... you have to be patient.

9. bionic207

bionic207 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tired to get back on 4g chose lte/cdma/evdo. It has been 24hrs on still wont even,connect to 3g. Taking away that function after ICS was a big fail by moto. Any help would be greatly appreciated

10. lwaltz

lwaltz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone get this solved to get LTE back yet? Another ICS problem I have is getting bluetooth to pair with my Prius audio. I can get the phone to pair and work but can't get audio.

11. bionic207

bionic207 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thought maybe if i got rid of the lte switch it would go back to 4g. Well no luck! I set it to LTE/CDMA/EVDO then unistalled the lte app. Now all i have is 1x. Verizon will be seeing me soon!

12. deduct

deduct Senior Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Have you tried 'phone info' app in play store? Download it and scroll down to set select preferred network type and choose 'late/CDMA/evdo'. I'd it does not switch after a minute minute, select the turn radio off option just below preferred network type and then turn it back on.

13. lwaltz

lwaltz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Since I have a similar problem, I tried every suggestion to no avail also. It appears like the PRL is required. Right now I am on 3G using "CDMA auto (PRL)" and that works fine but does not get me LTE. There are 5 options that contain "LTE", but none of them will get LTE (my wife has the same phone with ICS, and it is nearly always on LTE, so I am definitely in a 4G LTE service area.) If there was a "LTE/CDMA/EvDO auto (PRL)" I bet that would fix it, but it isn't in the list of options for preferred mode.

14. bionic207

bionic207 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Tried all of thus and still lte i know I'm in a 4g area as it use to work before ics! Back to Verizon i go

Search tags for this page

phone settings are grayed on ics