Finally took the plunge...

Tas

Reaction score
After getting the phone on launch day, I finally decided to root.

I got fed up with the delays for updates from Verizon and was wondering if we would ever get another one.

After a few snags dealing with the drivers and adb, I unlocked and rooted with WugFresh's toolkit. Simply amazing and easy. Thank you very much Wug for that.

Then deciding on which rom, I chose Sorcery and when the phone rebooted, it was the most amazing thing. I practically had a brand new phone in my hands and it is now running buttery smooth. I am in love all over again.

I don't know if it's the ROM, Jellybean 4.2.2, or both but this thing is now rocking and rolling sweet Suzie. And there are so many options to tweak this that and the other thing.

Never had any issues with phone call receptionI but 4G reception and Internet is much better. And like I said, customization is tops with this rom.

So anybody thinking of rooting and is worried, I say just do it. You will not regret it.

OP
Tas

Tas

Reaction score
Lmao!!! Just finished reading article about Verizon rolling out 4.2.2. How funny is that. Once again, my timing is impeccable. :)

uhm781

Reaction score
I've been thinking about doing the same thing reading this makes me wanna do it even more lol. did u find it simple to root?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've been thinking about doing the same thing reading this makes me wanna do it even more lol. did u find it simple to root?
Wug's Toolkit literally only makes so you only have to click and follow directions.

uhm781

Reaction score
Wug's Toolkit literally only makes so you only have to click and follow directions.

then I guess its off to join the dark side, or light side depending on how u look at at:)< off to 4.2.2(((:)

OP
Tas

Tas

Reaction score

What Dezy said.

Wugfresh's toolkit takes all the guessing out of it. Super easy. Like I said, the only problem I had was setting up the drivers. Once I got that straightened out, one click on unlock bootloader, and then one click on root and done. Too easy drill Sargeant.

And installed rom manager. Downloaded sourcery ROM. Put it in phone. Installed said rom with rom manager and voilà, super new buttery smooth phone in my hands.

Only issue is that the volume got weaker. It was low as it is and now worse. Only issue.

OP
Tas

Tas

Reaction score
then I guess its off to join the dark side, or light side depending on how u look at at:)< off to 4.2.2(((:)

Go for it dude. You won't regret it.

uhm781

Reaction score
Go for it dude. You won't regret it.

I have lol I just need to find an easy app to flash Roms with. my friend suggested goomanager any others u guys suggest?

OP
Tas

Tas

Reaction score
I have lol I just need to find an easy app to flash Roms with. my friend suggested goomanager any others u guys suggest?

What's wrong with rom manager?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
ROM Manager and Goomanager make flashing ROMs easy, but flashing them through your custom recovery (TWRP or CWM) is just as easy with a few more steps. Getting familiar with your custom recovery can always help in the long run in case you do run into trouble with a ROM that just won't load up all the way. Or if you wanna flash something such as updated radios only.

Also if you do choose to flash a ROM, the initial bootup can take up to 10min (It may get stuck on the Google screen or the bootup animation).

OP
Tas

Tas

Reaction score
ROM Manager and Goomanager make flashing ROMs easy, but flashing them through your custom recovery (TWRP or CWM) is just as easy with a few more steps. Getting familiar with your custom recovery can always help in the long run in case you do run into trouble with a ROM that just won't load up all the way. Or if you wanna flash something such as updated radios only.

Also if you do choose to flash a ROM, the initial bootup can take up to 10min (It may get stuck on the Google screen or the bootup animation).

I see said the blind man.