Finally took the droid plunge

JayC

Reaction score
I have to say I'm pretty excited about my new droid phone as well as the community support.

The main reasons I made the purchase:
a) I wanted a nav system and
b) I wanted a golf caddy
Now I got both :)

One thing I would love to find is a text magnifier since my eyes are getting old. I heard about one that can magnify the text on screen and can also magnify things like a menu (in case I forget my glasses).

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the app (but I'm still looking).

Let me know if any of you happen to know of one.

cheers -

Jay:icon_ banana:

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have to say I'm pretty excited about my new droid phone as well as the community support.

The main reasons I made the purchase:
a) I wanted a nav system and
b) I wanted a golf caddy
Now I got both :)

One thing I would love to find is a text magnifier since my eyes are getting old. I heard about one that can magnify the text on screen and can also magnify things like a menu (in case I forget my glasses).

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the app (but I'm still looking).

Let me know if any of you happen to know of one.

cheers -

Jay:icon_ banana:

Welcome aboard, Jay! I don't know of any text magnifioer, but try a Google search like 'text magnifier droid' and see what you get. The best thing you can do is read, read, and then read some more. Start with the FAQs and then move on to whatever sparks your interest in the threads - you'll be amazed at just how much you can teach yourself! Enjoy your new toy!

Forget the top 5, list ALL of your apps :welcome:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forums. Glad to have you on board.

OP
J

JayC

Reaction score
Hook and Anne -

Thanks for the response. Its nice to know that there is an active community willing to help.

I'm not familiar with the droid graphics development environment but I'd have to think that a magnifying application would not be too hard and that many old farts like me would find it useful.

I have googled about every possible combination of terms. I know one exists for the iPhone but I can't remember the name.

Thoughts on how to entice some developer to build one?

cheers -

Jay

p.s. - I posted a similar question on the apps board in case someone there has ideas.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hook and Anne -

Thanks for the response. Its nice to know that there is an active community willing to help.

I'm not familiar with the droid graphics development environment but I'd have to think that a magnifying application would not be too hard and that many old farts like me would find it useful.

I have googled about every possible combination of terms. I know one exists for the iPhone but I can't remember the name.

Thoughts on how to entice some developer to build one?

cheers -

Jay

p.s. - I posted a similar question on the apps board in case someone there has ideas.

This has been discussed since probably day one of the Droid's existence. I'm 57 years old, have terrible eye sight can't see far away, can't see close. I have bifocals and I can see my Droid quite easily.

No magnifying app has been developed yet, so your best bet may be a trip to the optometrist. Maybe get dialed in a little bit because it's really not that hard to see. Doesn't mean it's never going to happened, just hasn't happened yet.

Reaction score
Three is an app that can make all text on your phone bigger it's called "Spare Parts"

Edit: just checked seems that the large text option only works within the app and force closes after it is selected

Last edited: