Finally! This Iphone thing is over!!!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea no replaceable battery. I found out how valuable a replacable battery is recently. We had no power for 1 day and 1/2. Used up the battery keeping the kids entertained and as a flashlight.

Next morning, still no power. What do I do? Grab my spare battery and called it a day....

OP
abe7333

abe7333

Reaction score
Yea no replaceable battery. I found out how valuable a replacable battery is recently. We had no power for 1 day and 1/2. Used up the battery kepping the kids entertained and as a flashlight.

Next morning, still no power. What do I do? Grab my spare battery and called it a day....

Yup you are right. I was on my internship for 72 hour shift. Had three batteries. What an I supposed to tell my patients, sorry I don't have your report because my phone died? Lol

"I know not with what weapons War World III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with stick and stones."-Albert Einstein.

Send from Droid X

AtreyuRock

Reaction score
I dont see myself switching. I enjoy flash 10.1 and watching and experiencing websites that I wont be able to on the iphone. There's so many sites that aren't accessible with the iphone, I don't understand if you use the phone for internet use alot like I do, how you can ever enjoy it on the iphone? I'll never get how one would want such a device that is so limited in what you can view on it.

Darkseider

Reaction score
2) No user expandable memory, while there are 4 versions of the iPhone most of the i"device" releases actually have several versions (based upon connectivity and memory options).
Is buying a 32GB iPhone any different than buying a Droid X whose memory expansion is limited? Or am I incorrect, and can you expand a DX as high as the size of RAM permits?

In the end the hardware and OS integration will define market share.
True. And to be fair, it's hard to see where Apple, who has complete control of both, won't have an advantage.

The other thing Apple exerts more control over, is the user experience. If someone buys an iPhone 5 and it sucks, it's all on Apple. If someone buys an Android device and it sucks, it's not all on Google. That said, Google will always enjoy the advantage that an open system platform brings. Regardless, as a consumer, I want the option of buying either.

The Droid X for instance has 8 Gig internal storage and 16 Gig SD Card as well totaling 24 Gig. The 16 Gig card can be replaced with a 32 Gig SD Card giving a total of 40 Gig. Same can be said of all Android devices.

OP
abe7333

abe7333

Reaction score
2) No user expandable memory, while there are 4 versions of the iPhone most of the i"device" releases actually have several versions (based upon connectivity and memory options).
Is buying a 32GB iPhone any different than buying a Droid X whose memory expansion is limited? Or am I incorrect, and can you expand a DX as high as the size of RAM permits?

In the end the hardware and OS integration will define market share.
True. And to be fair, it's hard to see where Apple, who has complete control of both, won't have an advantage.

The other thing Apple exerts more control over, is the user experience. If someone buys an iPhone 5 and it sucks, it's all on Apple. If someone buys an Android device and it sucks, it's not all on Google. That said, Google will always enjoy the advantage that an open system platform brings. Regardless, as a consumer, I want the option of buying either.

The Droid X for instance has 8 Gig internal storage and 16 Gig SD Card as well totaling 24 Gig. The 16 Gig card can be replaced with a 32 Gig SD Card giving a total of 40 Gig. Same can be said of all Android devices.

I agree apple is very controlling. Apple its like toyota. No matter what happens people still buy them. Hopefully that 64gb card in the production will be used in phones soon. But honestly work all these streaming services, do we really need that much space?

"I know not with what weapons War World III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with stick and stones."-Albert Einstein.

Send from Droid X