Finally! This Iphone thing is over!!!

OP
abe7333

abe7333

Reaction score
Did you have to remember that titer main sales of os devices is ipod touch.
Not sure what this means.

About your comment on that iphone is the most popular phone in history? You are wrong..idk if you remember but when nokia came out with its phones. Still nokia sells more phone than any other company.
iPhone is a model, Nokia is an entire company.

Did Nokia have a particular model that sold more units than the iPhone has? Regardless, I don't recall lines around the block and people sleeping out the night before, to get any Nokia phones. Which doesn't mean it didn't happen, only that I don't recall the craziness that has surrounded most iPhone releases.

Listen buddy the world don't end in america. There are 6 billion people. Yes, I am pretty sure there was.

"I know not with what weapons War World III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with stick and stones."-Albert Einstein.

Send from Droid X

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

About your comment on that iphone is the most popular phone in history? You are wrong..idk if you remember but when nokia came out with its phones. Still nokia sells more phone than any other company.

Did Nokia have a particular model that sold more units than the iPhone has? Regardless, I don't recall lines around the block and people sleeping out the night before, to get any Nokia phones. Which doesn't mean it didn't happen, only that I don't recall the craziness that has surrounded most iPhone releases.

Listen buddy the world don't end in america. There are 6 billion people. Yes, I am pretty sure there was.

"I know not with what weapons War World III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with stick and stones."-Albert Einstein.

Send from Droid X

Apple is gaining a lot of ground on Nokia even in Nokia's home country of Finland. Nokia will most likely remain popular in Japan and Finland but their world market share is quickly declining.

GeneralZod

Reaction score
Listen buddy the world don't end in america.
You lost me. I never claimed the world ended in America. You said Nokia was more popular than iPhone. I merely pointed out that such a statement draws a comparison between an entire corporation and a single phone model, which is an apples/oranges comparison. And if there's another phone, that has created the hype or generated such demand, go ahead and point that out.

Darkseider

Reaction score

Point is Apple is marketing a device. Google is marketing an operating system. Apple lost its' dominance with Mac to Microsoft with Windows which did the SAME thing Google is doing with Android. It is about form factor, features and carrier of choice. All of this Android can offer and Apple can't. So the comparison of the entire line of Android devices vs. just the iPhone is completely valid in this circumstance. As for the craziness... well that speaks for itself. It is all about Apple's marketing and hype. They do a very good job at selling what is best described as a mediocre product at a premium price. Now though the tables are turning and the consumer, as can be seen, has a choice and they are speaking with their wallets and the choice they are making more often than not is an Android handset.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
It pretty much all boils down to this, apple fans will fiercely defend the iPhone and android fans will fiercely defend the android OS. While doing so most, not everyone, people become spiteful of one or the other. There are a couple people I have seen make legit arguments on why one is better than the other but in reality most people just fall in line and follow the leaders. This argument of why iPhone sucks or why android will never be the iOS will rage on until one of the companies go under or the world ends, one of the two. But I will say becoming such a big fan really does blind people to the reality of it all.

GeneralZod

Reaction score
It pretty much all boils down to this, apple fans will fiercely defend the iPhone and android fans will fiercely defend the android OS. While doing so most, not everyone, people become spiteful of one or the other. There are a couple people I have seen make legit arguments on why one is better than the other but in reality most people just fall in line and follow the leaders. This argument of why iPhone sucks or why android will never be the iOS will rage on until one of the companies go under or the world ends, one of the two. But I will say becoming such a big fan really does blind people to the reality of it all.
Well said. Personally, I've never owned a Droid or an iPhone, I'm merely commenting on what I see. However, as for blind loyalty, it's hard to beat the BlackBerry forums for that. There are people on those forums who would sooner communicate over a tin can and string (assuming the tin cans had the BlackBerry logo) than an iPhone. It's truly bizarre.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
@ GeneralZod

Published 2 days ago How Android Is Transforming Mobile Computing - Newsweek

Something to consider. Iphone isn't going away by any means, but Android will advance by every means...
I agree with this statement 100%. Android is surging at a tremendous rate. I don't think any of us are arguing that. I think the iPhone and insert android phone here competitive nature is good because it spurs both parties to create better technology which means sweetness for the consumer. That is why I don't like getting caught up in the apple sucks talk because they have in one form or another fueled the creators of android to create the best phones for their users.

OP
abe7333

abe7333

Reaction score
All I was saying that android is going up. Idk how all this ios vs android thing got here. Lol

Send from Droid X

OP
abe7333

abe7333

Reaction score
@ GeneralZod

Published 2 days ago How Android Is Transforming Mobile Computing - Newsweek

Something to consider. Iphone isn't going away by any means, but Android will advance by every means...

And that's all I was saying. Nice one.

Send from Droid X

tmoney2007

Reaction score

iPhone isn't one model either, there have been 4... there is a reason apple keeps referring to "number of ios devices sold" in its presentations. That means that they are counting every single iphone, every itouch and every ipad. When they start treating it as ONE device, I'll start treating it as one device.

Apple chooses to sell one device at a time as the be all and end all of mobile communications. It refers to itself as a platform, so it is completely fair to compare it to another platform when it comes to sales.

Aside from that ANDROID DIDN'T COME OUT LAST YEAR. Please, for the love of god, stop saying that android came out last year. The g1 came out in 2008. Which, according to my math, isn't "last year".

Android is taking market share from iOS while retaining the vast majority of its own market share (moreso than apple, from what I've seen). The iPhone will fade into the background if Mr. Jobs doesn't stop suppressing features.

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
Completely off topic

The sprint commercial with the lady breaking up with her boyfriend 3 different ways....
if you look closely at her phone, it is an android phone

jmorton10

Reaction score
I didn't bother reading this whole thread, but anybody who thinks the iphone is "dieing" is nuts.

I have a DroidX & I love it & you couldn't give me an iphone. I do IT work at a huge car dealer however & they recently gave away three ipads, four ipod touches & a Nano as sales spiffs.

I was out running errands for some networking anyway, so I volunteered to stop at our local Apple store & pick the stuff up. I got there at 9:15 on a Tuesday morning figuring I would be the only one there. Yea, right. They didn't open until 9:30 & there where already 14 people in line waiting to get in the door.

I started BSing with people in line & they where all there for something iphone related...

~John

ftajeffrey

Reaction score
I didn't bother reading this whole thread, but anybody who thinks the iphone is "dieing" is nuts.

I have a DroidX & I love it & you couldn't give me an iphone. I do IT work at a huge car dealer however & they recently gave away three ipads, four ipod touches & a Nano as sales spiffs.

I was out running errands for some networking anyway, so I volunteered to stop at our local Apple store & pick the stuff up. I got there at 9:15 on a Tuesday morning figuring I would be the only one there. Yea, right. They didn't open until 9:30 & there where already 14 people in line waiting to get in the door.

I started BSing with people in line & they where all there for something iphone related...

~John

You probably should of read the enitire thread before posting least you sound nuts.