Finally! This Iphone thing is over!!!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by abe7333, Oct 4, 2010.

1. abe7333

abe7333 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree but you think you can deny about the rapid growth of android? I no you can't. Blame on att, or apple. It does not matter. Most people like apple more is because of the app store. Android market is growing and in like 6 to 12 months there is not going to be much difference in the app store. After that its going to be like xbox and ps3. Oh we have this game exclusive or that exclusive IMO.

"I know not with what weapons War World III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with stick and stones."-Albert Einstein.

Send from Droid X

2. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel Silver Member

Ratings:
    +64
    No certainly don't deny the growth. I know it is growing rapidly. Just merely saying graphs are very deceiving.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

3. abe7333

abe7333 Member

Ratings:
    +0

I agree. Statistics are dangerous. When you do mba there is a while freaking class on how to manipulate stats according to you. Lol. I am saying after a while its going to be like who has the more exclusive content

"I know not with what weapons War World III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with stick and stones."-Albert Einstein.

Send from Droid X

4. GeneralZod

GeneralZod Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I've read that nearly 80% of all statistics are made up. :happy:

5. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel Silver Member

Ratings:
    +64
    Haha 60% of the time, it's guaranteed to work everytime!

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

6. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The iPhone if/when it comes to VZW will effect Android sales some but not as great as one would think. The largest sales/influx of iPhones on VZW will be people with iPhones jumping ship from AT&T to VZW for better network coverage. Not to mention that the iPhone is already a generation behind current Android handsets in terms of hardware. When the new Android phones sporting the Tegra 2 250 and other Cortex A9 dual core SoC's start hitting the market late this year/early next year the gap will be widened even further. Assuming that Apple will continue it's incremental upgrades as it has with the iPhone/3G/3GS/4 than when the new iPhone is released it will once again be behind the curve in terms of hardware/performance. Couple this with the impending release of Gingerbread this year and Honeycomb next year and iOS4 will look just as stale as the hardware it is running on.

Apple made a mistake with dropping the PPC in its' Mac line and going x86. They bought an ARM design company and are hoping to redeem themselves in mobile computing with the A4 and future SoC's they will design and use because they know as well as most others that this is the future of computing. What they need to do is produce a phone, tablet, etc... that has ALL the bells and whistles when it is released and not leave people wanting more especially when seeing what the competition, read Android, is offering. Until they do that Apple will continue to fall out of favor with the consumer abroad.

7. abe7333

abe7333 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Stats can be easily made. Like when they say how 9 out of ten doctors recommended blah blah. Well, out of hundred 9 recommended it and they are excluding the other 90 and taking thier control group as 10. Lol thus 9 out of ten. Lol its funny how easy it is.

Send from Droid X

8. GeneralZod

GeneralZod Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Here is the crux of our disagreement. I suspect it will have a tremendous impact. But we can agree to disagree.

While that may be true in terms of hardware, ultimately the key is the entire experience. And even still, there are very few reviews I've read (and I've been reading a ton lately) that put any Android device ahead of the iPhone.

Just curious (as I have no idea) what changes do you expect these OS upgrades to bring?

For what it's worth, iPhone has been the market leader for several years now, while everyone else has been playing catch up. Until Apple demonstrates they that can't maintain that lead, I have no reason to believe they can't. To that end, I'm expecting Apple to again up the stakes with the nextgen iPhone.

9. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Remember folks, this is 2010 and soon to be 2011, not 2008. Android phones, the hardware and the OS has come along way since 2008.

The iPhone coming to Verizon wont hurt Android sales, wont have a big impact on Android sales. It will be just another phone for folks to choose from, thats it.

10. abe7333

abe7333 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yup

Send from Droid X

11. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Zod, u talk like every Droid 1, 2, Inc, X owner will just throw their phones in the trash and go to the iPhone and totally dismiss the next wave of Android phones...lol U talk like there are NO happy users of the Droid 1, 2, Inc and X....look around.

Ppl looking for a smartphone that had neither, some will choose the iPhone, some will choose Android. Ppl thats happy with Android, I dont see too many switching. I'm one of those ppl. Now, if we woulda had this discussion back in 2007, 2008 back when the choice was Blackberry, Palm and Win Mo, I would agree. As I wanted an iPhone back then.

Enter the Droid and all that changed....the iPhone was an after thought for me with the Droid. So u can imagine what its like now that I have the X. Imagine whats its gonna be like when the next wave of Android phones come out....

There are features the iPhone 4 has I wanna see on Android. But overall? Give me Android...

12. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Gingerbread will be a completely revamped UI offering a better and smoother experience overall. Not to mention that Google has the former head of UI development for WebOS working on it. WOOT! Now as for the reviews. Really? The only reason the reviewers are putting iPhone on top is the same reason every freakin' news site, news channel, etc... goes on and on about iPhone greatness. Advertising $$$$ and a fear of reprisal from Uncle Steve. If you haven't noticed any large review site and or media outlet that speaks out against the messiah Uncle Steve and his child, the iPhone, gets ignored, less advertising $$$, no event invites, etc... This at best is corporate bullying rather than unbiased reviews. There are plenty of examples that can be found of this happening.