Finally taking the plunge...reccomendations?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by CorCor67, May 11, 2010.

1. CorCor67

CorCor67 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I've had my droid since january and I have finally decided to root. What pushed me over was the hope for better battery life I have read about by underclocking.

I was wondering what roms to try out, I have heard good things about smoked glass but I wanted to play with a few to see what I like. Any good reccomendations for starting point?
  2. killabyte

killabyte Guest

yup - get rom manager and try bugless beast with nextheme. you won't regret it. unless you're weird... then you might regret it.

honestly though if you aren't scared try every rom that's out there. that's what i did. i don't understand people being a "fan" of a particular rom since they are all based off open source code and you can customize it yourself... well anyway i'm getting off point here. i'm not a "fan" of any one rom but the ones i've tried that i liked have been bugless beast and cyanogenmod. my opinion is that bugless beast runs better for me than cyanogenmod does. cyanogen has a little dragginess to it that bugless beast doesn't have.

i would recommend staying away from any launcher other than the standard one until you see how the roms act for you on your phone and THEN introduce them into the mix.

just my opinion
  3. kook

kook Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Bugless Beast....hands down.
  4. Naebue

Naebue New Member

5. bmb0205

bmb0205 New Member

X3 on BB haha its sweet
  6. CorCor67

CorCor67 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Not afraid to play, comming from a moto q with lots of registry edits and didn't brick that...maybe false confidence but I got some :).

Couple listed alredy that I haven't heard of, ill have to check them out, thanks for the tips.

Almost there just gotta finish the update.zip dl (slow net connection on the pc). I'm just downloading to my droid and gonna do the rest from here if I can...took step notes so I don't forget halfway through.
  7. captaincanada84

captaincanada84 New Member

I am hooked on JRummy's Remix Cyan v0.7. He's also got a red, blue, green, and stock looking one. It's in Rom Manager. It was the first ROM I tried and I always keep coming back to it.