finally taking plunge

eodguy2

Reaction score
Well after debating for past few months receiving my droid x tomorrow to replace moto droid which I've had since release back in nov 09 (or 2nd certified like new anyway). I decieded to go w/ "certified like new" since has same warranty etc and was cheaper (figured if bought new and something happened to it would send me one as replacement anyway like did w/ my D1. Although keyboard on d1 much to be desired used it all time. Hoping sywpe on X will be great replacement. Anyway can't wait to give X a turn!

xliderider

Reaction score
I came from a Droid 1 as well, also purchased on release day. Though I never used the physical keyboard on it. The X is a great device.

OP
E

eodguy2

Reaction score
Having come from moto droid also, any suggestions or thoughts as not to be surprised from something that used to be able to do and now not so much, trying to stay positive on moto blur thing, but well see
PHP:

Jim_KT

Reaction score
I came from a droid2 after having it for a little over two weeks. The keyboard was great, but slid out too easily in my pocket. This is my first week with the X and I am loving it.

I immediately installed launcherpro plus and astro file manager. Runs great, but I am now debating on rooting the phone to get rid of motoblur altogether.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
E

eodguy2

Reaction score
wow! is all lI can say. I got my new droid (cert like new) to replace my org moto droid. This thing is amazing!!!! Im pretty sure I could never go back to a small screen phone. Its amazing because it feels so good in your hand etc. Swype is really pretty cool, still working with it and getting a lot better just after couple days. As far as the moto blur crap, I deleted the home screen apps into trash and downloaded the android facebood etc. Appears they are still working in back round but hey If I dont see it, I could care les..

Question though. I did the same with the moto app "sticky note" and kinda of thinking would like to have it back. when I go into manage apps I see it still there, but have no idea on where to find it to reinstall on home screen????????

cpinto

Reaction score
wow! is all lI can say. I got my new droid (cert like new) to replace my org moto droid. This thing is amazing!!!! Im pretty sure I could never go back to a small screen phone. Its amazing because it feels so good in your hand etc. Swype is really pretty cool, still working with it and getting a lot better just after couple days. As far as the moto blur crap, I deleted the home screen apps into trash and downloaded the android facebood etc. Appears they are still working in back round but hey If I dont see it, I could care les..

Question though. I did the same with the moto app "sticky note" and kinda of thinking would like to have it back. when I go into manage apps I see it still there, but have no idea on where to find it to reinstall on home screen????????

Long press as usual, WIDGETS, STICKY NOTE WIDGET ...

OP
E

eodguy2

Reaction score
Boy, I feel stupid now. Thanks. I was looking in the "apps" screen and didnt see anything. Thanks again