Finally some good pictures

Dullawolf

Reaction score
my current phone is the droid x, the phone i had before the x is the same phone in the photo (Behind the Bionic), the outdated pos of a phone that it is.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
They may be, I just haven't kept up with induction charging news as I wasn't about to put an extra back on my OG just to charge it.

But since the Bionic will have the replaceable induction back that makes it flat and matches the rest of the phone, it will definitely be something cool to have.

das2042

Reaction score
I just saw these pics! Not to be a broken record, but damn, baby got back!
I'm hoping this is like the d1, ugly as sin when I first got it, but learned to love it and now yearn to get rid of it. I agree though, if the cinderblock of a phone gets me awesome battery life, then I'm getting the finest European man bag $5.00 can buy!
Also if it does get awesome battery life wait till we root, overclock and undervolt.
And a side note if inductive charging takes the same amount of time to charge my phone what's so great about it?
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

wseyller

Reaction score
A while back i remember someone saying their phone charged a little faster with induction, but I don't remember who it was, or what phone it was.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
You don't have to plug it in, it sounds lazy, but it's actually a task to plug my mini plug into my OG.

For me, I can have an induction pad by my computer and anytime I lay my phone down, it will be charging, instead of having to think about plugging it in every time I stop using it between calls/texting.

I do this a lot, I'll use my phone all day at my house, laying it by my computer on and off as I use it(I write for a website) and then I'll go out that night and my phone will be down to 10% battery because I didn't plug it in during the day. Now I won't have this problem because as I use my phone on and off all day while writing online, I'll just lay my phone on the induction pad between all calls/texts ect... and it will stay fully charged.

Sure I could just put a plugin-in cord by my computer and plug it in and unplug it between phone calls and texting, but that's a lot of plugging and unplugging, for a thing that is a devil to get in there.

Last edited:

portermac

Reaction score
Also, if you have a case on the phone it will charge through it.
So you could get that instead of a docking station and not have to take off the case at night.
i am tired of taking the back off my d1 every night to charge it in the station.

i am guessing they fixed that problem with new docking stations not allowing a cover on the phone. if not then they are morons.

Last edited:

das2042

Reaction score
So am I the only one that has a USB in my computer, a car charger in both cars, a wall charger by my bed and another one by my chair in the living room. Oh and lets not forget about my friend Mr portable charger that fits in my pocket on the go. Yea actually if moto wants to make that phone the size of football to give me an all day charge by all means

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
No we all have that stuff, we're just tired of unplugging+plugging in everytime we get a phone call or want to text someone or walk into another room while on the phone.

There's really countless reasons induction charging is helpful. The one thing it doesn't make easier is charging in your car.

das2042

Reaction score
Hey should we Patten the 12v one? We'll be rich!

portermac

Reaction score
You could get a 12volt converter to plug into your car and then wirelessly charge. I charge my laptop in my truck all the time.

edit
just make sure you get a good one with a fan and fuse. i think i paid 30 bucks at radio shack.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I wouldn't say this is a great looking phone imo...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

wseyller

Reaction score
What I hate about the OG droid car dock is you have to plug the charger directly into the phone everytime. Also my phone doesnt like cig chargers when in the dock, why I can't understand. seems like the plug is loose and you have to mess with the plug on the phone side. They all work fine out of the dock and even it you wiggle it you can't make it not work.. This is four different charger brands including a vzw brand. Lately I've been charging it with my cd players front usb port which works perfect.

some other phone models have car docks that where the charger plugs into the dock. So all you have to do is put the phone in and slide the dock connector into the phone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

faganm24

Reaction score