Finally some good pictures

Frankie15

Reaction score
This is what people are gonna have to realize. Everyone keeps saying I want this and I want that and I want it to last more than 4 hours. Well, here is what the phone's thickness is gonna be. You can't have your cake and eat it to so to speak. The Bionic is getting great reviews with battery life and with dual core,1gig ram, lte, a very large battery,and all the other stuff they are shoving in this phone the thickness is not bad at all.
I know everyone is liking the GSII and its paper thin frame but that isn't even close to what it will look like with lte and a good battery to keep everyone somewhat happy.
Battery life is a biggy for me and a lot of you and this might mean that an extended battery is not needed.
I love the look coming from a D1 and can't wait to see what this bad boy can do.

Where are there reviews for the Bionic?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Samsung knows how to present itself for sure. Let's hope we get some news of the Verizon version soon enough.

bigdad63

Reaction score
From the same website, this makes it next to impossible for me to commit to the bionic.

Samsung Hercules Revealed to be T-Mobile Galaxy S II
&

Is This T-Mobile's Samsung Galaxy S II?

Man, this is one sweet looking phone! I know it shouldn't be a beauty contest between the bionic and GSII but come on!

I gotta admit...I much prefer the look of the Bionic

Different strokes. I'm trying to think of a fair analogy and all I've come up with is James Bond vs Walker Texas Ranger. They'll both get the job done, but in very different styles. :)

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I must admit, I prefer the network over the phone. Ain't not point of switching to another network for a phone if you can't get a signal where you live at. I'll stick with Verizon since they're the best in my area.

tcayton49

Reaction score
From the same website, this makes it next to impossible for me to commit to the bionic.

&

Man, this is one sweet looking phone! I know it shouldn't be a beauty contest between the bionic and GSII but come on!

Different strokes. I'm trying to think of a fair analogy and all I've come up with is James Bond vs Walker Texas Ranger. They'll both get the job done, but in very different styles. :)

Agreed, probably can't go wrong with either one

Xerrus

Reaction score

&

Each to their own. And honestly, if I read reviews and testimonials that say the bionic easily cranks out 8+ hours and then some with heavy use, I will be thrilled and buy one regardless of the form factor because if I had a skinny phone that only got 4 hours it'd need an extended battery and most likely be even thicker!

That is the ideal situation since battery life with a dual-core processor and LTE is my primary concern. However I feel like this will not be any different than any other dual-core LTE phone's battery woes: The battery will last 4-5 hours with medium to heavy use or last 8 hours if only using it when necessary and with data, push notifications, background updates and everything except for signal turned off.

sent from my Droid Charge

stitch96786

Reaction score
Personally, Samsung phones not known to be durable. MOTO phones are like a rock. For size, if you want a bigger screen the phone will naturally be bigger. For me, bigger battery, dual processors, and 4g lte. What else do you need. No phone will ever be perfect and fit what you want.

OP
OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
Motorola builds a thick phone with good battery life and you guys whine about the thickness.

Motorola builds a thin phone with bad battery life and you guys whine about the battery life.

They can't win...

If they cram LTE into the SGS2 and keep that form factor, well I hope you enjoy being tethered to a charger.

Lastly, it's not the LTE chip that causes the phones to be thicker, it's the battery needed to keep those chips juiced for more than 4 hours.

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
From what I can tell from the FCC documents, the battery isn't in the thickest portion, it's the camera.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well what I don't get is, there are thinner phones with some incredible cameras. I hate to bring up the GSII, but it's camera is awesome and it's the thinnest smart phone I've ever seen.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well what I don't get is, there are thinner phones with some incredible cameras. I hate to bring up the GSII, but it's camera is awesome and it's the thinnest smart phone I've ever seen.

Different companies do things different. Samsung got their cameras right whereas Moto....hasn't. Maybe this is their answer to their quality issues.