Finally some good pictures

Reaction score
What is wrong with you people? Don't any of you carry wallets in your pocket? Is everyone here a bunch of hipsters wearing skinny jeans? :) I've got an HTC Ozone with a case on it which makes it a little over a half inch thick and it fits in my pocket just fine. I wear regular old jeans at home and khaki pants at work. No problems here.

Yeah I carry a wallet.... in my back pocket. Im also comfortable with sitting on my cash credit cards and id's, but sitting on a $600+ retail device, not hardly. front pockets you say? all that surface area will look like i'm smuggling a solar panel in my pocket. Case? sure, id love to walk around with something that blackberry made = )

Renae

Reaction score
You are mostly men on this site, you have much larger pockets than womens jeans. Stop wearing ugly skinny jeans and you won't have a problem. I don't carry a purse and I'm sure I wont even have a problem with it. Its not that huge.....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
You are mostly men on this site, you have much larger pockets than womens jeans. Stop wearing ugly skinny jeans and you won't have a problem. I don't carry a purse and I'm sure I wont even have a problem with it. Its not that huge.....

Yea, I dont know what kinda miniature guys we have here, but there will be no issues fitting that in any pocket. I looks about as thick as my current Thunderbolt which fits easily in my pants.

Last edited by a moderator:

AdamPA1006

Reaction score

Yea, I dont know what kinda miniature guys we have here, but there will be no issues fitting that in any pocket. I looks about as thick as my current Thunderbolt which fits easily in my pants.
This damn LTE chip! Why is it so big! Those GS2 pics look awesome how thin it is. Why can't verizon just have some good freaking phones this year the options are terrible!

Last edited by a moderator:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The LTE chip is not even what makes it thick, it's in the chin, the thinnest part.

No clue why it's so big, maybe the battery?

Xerrus

Reaction score
Anyone know the exact dimensions on this thing (perhaps from the FCC filing that was released?), kinda wanna get a feel for the thickness. I think Droid Charge is .46in thick and with an incipio case on here it's well over half an inch. If the Droid Bionic is thicker than the Droid Charge I'm honestly going to have to pass...

I've been a die-hard about this phone from the beginning but I already have a problem with how thick the Charge is. My Droid X was thinner (no, not ON the actual hump area but everywhere else) and I thought it's size was just perfect.

I want a superphone that's thin, not a superphone that's been pigging out in Moto's labs. Maybe I'll end up having to wait for the GS2 after all :-(

Won't truly know till I go in and handle it myself!

sent from my Droid Charge

Reaction score
Anyone know the exact dimensions on this thing (perhaps from the FCC filing that was released?), kinda wanna get a feel for the thickness. I think Droid Charge is .46in thick and with an incipio case on here it's well over half an inch. If the Droid Bionic is thicker than the Droid Charge I'm honestly going to have to pass...

I've been a die-hard about this phone from the beginning but I already have a problem with how thick the Charge is. My Droid X was thinner (no, not ON the actual hump area but everywhere else) and I thought it's size was just perfect.

I want a superphone that's thin, not a superphone that's been pigging out in Moto's labs. Maybe I'll end up having to wait for the GS2 after all :-(

Won't truly know till I go in and handle it myself!

sent from my Droid Charge

pretty sure the thickness was .52 but ill dig up a spec

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please note, a friendly reminder, I have had to edit several posts because of swearing, avoiding the swear filter, and off-topic things. This is a good thread and nobody is being singled out, however if it happens again, warnings and infractions will have to be handed out. This is a family friendly forum atmosphere.

tcayton49

Reaction score
I gotta say, the more I see of this phone the more I am liking it. It looks like a tough, sturdy beast of a phone that can really put a hurt on somebody. It just looks like something that should be called "bionic"

portermac

Reaction score
This is what people are gonna have to realize. Everyone keeps saying I want this and I want that and I want it to last more than 4 hours. Well, here is what the phone's thickness is gonna be. You can't have your cake and eat it to so to speak. The Bionic is getting great reviews with battery life and with dual core,1gig ram, lte, a very large battery,and all the other stuff they are shoving in this phone the thickness is not bad at all.
I know everyone is liking the GSII and its paper thin frame but that isn't even close to what it will look like with lte and a good battery to keep everyone somewhat happy.
Battery life is a biggy for me and a lot of you and this might mean that an extended battery is not needed.
I love the look coming from a D1 and can't wait to see what this bad boy can do.

endobrian

Reaction score
To answer the issues seen with the htc thunderbolt and the samsung charge, Moto went back the the drawing board for the Bionic:
1. New TI Processor
2. Bigger Battery
3. New Inductive Charger
4. Android 2.3.4

If they could design in Jesus coming down and insta-charge your phone I bet they would!

*Jesus sold separately.