Finally Overclocked!

mikex

Reaction score
My X never seemed to like being overclocked and I spent a lot of time and went through many fc's. But, I kept reading about Over Clock program and decided to give it a try. And, so far its been great. Calculated the settings for my particular phone and now I'm oc'd to 1400 MHz and lowered my vsels to the min which seems to be giving me better battery life. Great program and a must to maximize performance. Just wanted to say thanks to the developer and the people here who've been talking about it.

Sbeck

Reaction score
I've also been using QuickClock for a couple of days now, but I find the interface confusing on knowing exactly what speed I'm currently running. I load the High Speed setting but the numbers on the front page seem to toggle back and forth between the low and high!

Sent from my Rooted/O'Clocked X

OP
mikex

mikex

Reaction score
It is a little confusing. After you run the calibration on the first page, you see the max and min. Then you have to go to the over clock page put in the max number (i put in 100 less than my max) and hit calculate then set cpu and you're ready to fly. I'm getting over 1600 quadrant score with no issues.

freezyfreaky

Reaction score
I've also been using QuickClock for a couple of days now, but I find the interface confusing on knowing exactly what speed I'm currently running. I load the High Speed setting but the numbers on the front page seem to toggle back and forth between the low and high!

Your numbers are fluctuating because the CPU governor is set to on demand. What this means is the CPU will speed up when you are doing something and slow down when it is not busy.

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
If you want your phone to always run at your Max frequency then you would have to change the governor to performance, but on demand would be recommended for everyday use.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sbeck

Reaction score
...and how would I go about doing that?

freezyfreaky

Reaction score
...and how would I go about doing that?

You want your CPU governor to be on demand. If you set it to performance, the CPU will be running full speed all the time and kill your battery. The only reason why you would want to set it to performance is if you want to test an overclock speed to see if it's stable on your phone.

meoff_69

Reaction score
What is a good place to start as far as voltage/hz's? Im using droidx overclock on stock rom.

any help is appriciated, i dont want to fry my phone lol

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
What is a good place to start as far as voltage/hz's? Im using droidx overclock on stock rom.

any help is appriciated, i dont want to fry my phone lol

Download quickclock from the market. Then you can find the best settings for YOUR phone without going through the tedious testing process. It is also great for users who are not really sure what they are doing. Well worth the couple bucks plus the Dev is great!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk