Finally ordered a moto X

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
I finally ordered a moto X designed via moto maker on VZW last night for a penny with a 2 year contract. If I understood the rep correctly it will ship with 4.2.2. I have 2 questions, both 2-parters. 1.a. Does 4.2.2 sound correct? OR 1.b. did I have a rep that didn't know what he was talking about and it will most probably ship with 4.4.2? 2.a. If it ships with 4.2.2 isn't that rootable? and 2.b. will the write to sys exploit still work on that version? If it is in fact 4.2.2 and bot 2.a. and 2.b. are yes I would want to freeze the updater for the time being until root and possibley the write access exploit come along for the 4.4.2 before I let it update correct? As I understand it we don't currently have a root exploit OR write to sys for 4.4.. Am I( understanding that correctly? Be gentle with me guys, I have been on hiatus from droid fun since May of last year because I just needed a break, I'm still running my rooted unlocked XT 907 Razr M. If we have the write to sys exploit working what recovery is everyone running? TWRP? Some body point me at a thread where I can do 9 months of X phone catchup in a few hours :) It's good to be back, I'll have one X 3.4.2013, and be ordering another when one of my upgrades hits on 3.17. Trying to scheme up the money for a Dev Edition for the second one. My adrenaline is already pumping! What is this hardware and software combo that folks appear to bu using to run a microSD cardreader as an external drive on the X and the new Droids? Cereal Killer did I see something about unlimited data for life in your sig? Help a brotha out!

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I think the current shipping ones have been OS 4.4, which can be flashed back to 4.2.2. If it comes with 4.4.2 you cannot flash back and there is no current root method for 4.4.2.

Sent from my Nexus 10

dasanman69

Reaction score
I think the current shipping ones have been OS 4.4, which can be flashed back to 4.2.2. If it comes with 4.4.2 you cannot flash back and there is no current root method for 4.4.2.

Sent from my Nexus 10

I just got a dev edition about 2 weeks ago and it came with 4.2.2.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the Moto X. I just did the OTA to 4.2.2. Im not sure If I can go back or not, I haven't tried.