Finally made my own DIY dock.

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by owlicks, Feb 23, 2010.

1. owlicks

owlicks New Member

After some inspiration from other home made docks, like the cardboard, lego, and ihome modification, I decided to try my hand.

Mine was created from a small metal shelf that I basically cut a chunk off of. Stuck it on its side, put 3 rubber spots to help support the phone, and attached the cord and a magnet. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

If anyone else has a dock they haven't shown off yet, or even if you have, I'd like to see them.
  2. drivinfocused

drivinfocused New Member

looks cool.... is that just for media play? im still learning about the phone seeing i am getting one in a week......... but that is very home made... great job!
  3. cuskit

cuskit New Member

I see you are new here. So maybe you haven't seen mine yet? http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mi...ock-where-all-covers-accepted.html#post237246

Sure - I'm in production now, but I did start just like you - making one for myself. It's cool how many here have done this. Those lego docks were really entertaining! They are that good, and interesting as well! :) cuskit
  4. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

Not bad pretty nice for a DIY, The only criticism I have is that I'm not a huge fan of that back grating thing. Love the bottom pieces that the droid rests on though!
  5. leftbrain99

leftbrain99 New Member

Good work to the OP. I certainly classify it as a dock rather than other products I've seen. If I have to plug my phone in before-hand, then it's not a dock, it's merely a stand. A dock should always include a built-in charging port which removes fumbling with wires.
Search tags for this page

diy android dock

diy android phone dock
diy android tablet dock
diy dock station galaxy s3

diy ihome

diy ihomes

diy phone dock

diy phone docks

diy tablet dock

diy tablet home
ihome dock 12 to 5 diy