Finally Joined

Prismind

Reaction score
Yea, I finally joined after the official gingerbread update didn't work with my antivirus and caused my phone to freeze. I'm just joining to let others know and hopefully it helps.

snhay3

Reaction score
From what I understand no antivirus is needed and I have an uprooted DROID and just installed gingerbread this morn and all is working fine. I have gotten some bad apparently from the market and had to factory reset the phone but from all I have read and heard the antivirus app is a no no
Edit: some bad apps
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
Prismind

Prismind

Reaction score
Yea, the error has disabled the menu button so I can't even factory reset. The Store reps couldn't even do it through there force hard reset

snhay3

Reaction score
Can you uninstall all your apps and then try to factory reset? What antivirus are you using so I will remember not to. I would try calling tech support and see if they can help because they know much better than in the store. If that doesn't work maybe try for the refurb that they will send

OP
Prismind

Prismind

Reaction score
I actually can't do anything app wise, unless it pops up in the notification bar before the freeze. I can't even select the app on my app list. Can't access the factory reset. I'll try calling tech later. Had a lot to do already today. Hopefully, I won't have to switch to the refurb

Thanks

snhay3

Reaction score
That sucks. I kinda know how u feel having replaced my x once. Didn't want to but waaaay too many reboots. I only know enough to be dangerous. Hopefully somebody can come up with an answer before replacement. Good luck.

Edit: and next time no antivirus

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Yea, I finally joined after the official gingerbread update didn't work with my antivirus and caused my phone to freeze. I'm just joining to let others know and hopefully it helps.

welcome to the forum

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

OP
Prismind

Prismind

Reaction score
That sucks. I kinda know how u feel having replaced my x once. Didn't want to but waaaay too many reboots. I only know enough to be dangerous. Hopefully somebody can come up with an answer before replacement. Good luck.

Edit: and next time no antivirus

I'm so swamped without the phone. I have to find a computer constantly, which means constantly driving and stopping back home to do stuff. I haven't even had a second to call the techs but I'm going to look at it that I will figure it out once I get the replacement. Plus, I had 2 small scratches so the replacement will solve that and I got to find a screen cover, since all I have is glare protectors.

No antivirus for sure, at least, by AVG

snhay3

Reaction score
Try this one thing because the techs will tell you to. A hard factory reset.
Pull your battery and replace
Hold down the power and home buttons until a DROID appears.
Tap the search button and a menu should appear
Scroll with volume buttons to find erase all data (or something like that)
Confirm selection and it should take your phone back to factory settings.
You will have to reactivate and set up your google account but hopefully it should work. That was my last test before replacement.

Hope it helps

OP
Prismind

Prismind

Reaction score
Try this one thing because the techs will tell you to. A hard factory reset.
Pull your battery and replace
Hold down the power and home buttons until a DROID appears.
Tap the search button and a menu should appear
Scroll with volume buttons to find erase all data (or something like that)
Confirm selection and it should take your phone back to factory settings.
You will have to reactivate and set up your google account but hopefully it should work. That was my last test before replacement.

Hope it helps

Yea, I couldn't get it but i got the bootloader somehow.