finally joined the cool kids club

mbshooter

Reaction score
well i finally got into the cool kids club and picked up a droid. i picked up my buddies original droid after he bought an x. i had been waiting on some of the rumored phones but was getting tired of my lg envy touch. this is my first smart phone and its really addicting. so as confusion sets in the fun begins.

Tsip85

Reaction score
Wait til you get it rooted, start changing ROMs and themes. Then the REAL fun begins!dancedroid

OP
M

mbshooter

Reaction score
have already thought about it, lol. but first i need to learn how to use the phone.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
welcome, you came to the right place for help and hope you get everything answered here. enjoy the droid and the community

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forums!!

Jump in and enjoy...ask questions if you have them, we are happy to help if we can...

My tip for learning to use the phone - on/off button is at the top :)...now you are good to go :) LOL...

OP
M

mbshooter

Reaction score
My tip for learning to use the phone - on/off button is at the top :)...now you are good to go :) LOL...

thanks for the tip. :)

right now the only thing i keep getting is that my "free memory space is at 13%" i dont have much on the phone so how do i clear it and what is causing it.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
The OS will manage memory - here is a good thread that discusses it... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...google-developers.html?highlight=memory+usage

There are a few threads on the board that discusses how to increase memory - if you do a forum search and type in memory usage (or something similiar) you will see several threads vs me linking a bunch in here for you...Also, maybe someone else will jump in and give ya some good pointers, feedback as well...good luck!!

OP
M

mbshooter

Reaction score
thanks, i cleared all my cache for now and i havent received any more warnings. now i just need to move my apps to the sd card and clear up some more space

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Check all of the Droid sections in the Forum. Enjoy your time with us.

BTW there are a lot of us old guys here also :biggrin:

Mike