FINALLY! GSM on DROID 4!!! IT WORKS!

lteezy

Reaction score
hey guys I just got my droid 4 to work on a gsm network with the information you provided, thx! Just one question after I reboot my phone a second time when it is not tethered to my computer any longer the gsm seems to not work any longer until I hook it back up to my computer and redo the radiocomm procedure. Is this normal or once it has been written to my phone threw radiocomm should it not have to be redone every time you restart your device?

lteezy

Reaction score
Oh ya and 1 more thing it still says SIM card unknow everytime I unlock my screen or reboot. Is there any way to remove this warning?

ikari

Reaction score
Is this normal or once it has been written to my phone threw radiocomm should it not have to be redone every time you restart your device?
This is not normal, you should only have to do it once. SOmetimes it needs a moment after boot to catch the GSM signal, though.

I do not know how to remove the SIM unknown warning.

OP
vmu

vmu

Reaction score
Updated the first post. Added the leaked ICS info. All 3g voice problems are solved with this rom. Enjoy!

Last edited:

rennert1

Reaction score
Updated the first post. Added the leaked ICS info. All 3g voice problems are solved with this rom. Enjoy!

Works this leaked ICS with hardware codecs for video and camera?

...Tapatalk

Germanguy

Reaction score
Anybody know whether the leaked ICS Rom allows roaming with the foreign SIM?

rennert1

Reaction score
They must be run from Droid 4 Bootstrap recovery on a rooted D4 because Safestrap recovery disables NV writes.

Where can i find the bootstrap droid4 apk? Only find safestrap 1.09

...Tapatalk

OP
vmu

vmu

Reaction score
@ Rennert1: Yes,Everything works perfectly.

@Germanguy: Yes, it works. I'm also roaming with a foreign sim, I'm even using a Virtual provider sim. So even when I'm in my own country, I'm still roaming :) About bootstrap: Power off your phone, then hold the volume up, volume down, and power buttons at the same time. This will start Bootstrap. You don't need to install anything.

Last edited:

ikari

Reaction score
WARNING!!! ONCE YOU INSTALL THIS UPDATE, YOU CANNOT REVERT TO 6.13.219 OR 6.13.215 VIA FASTBOOT. ATTEMPTING TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN A BRICK. YOU MAY ALSO BE TAKEN OFF THE OFFICIAL VERIZON UPGRADE PATH. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Even with SafeStrap...?

OP
vmu

vmu

Reaction score
This update does not work with safestrap.

rocketlog

Reaction score
Having a leaked ICS update means that an official ICS update that will also activate the GSM radios is also already somewhere in VZ's pipeline, right?

xavez87

Reaction score
Hi.

I am having problems flashing the GSM unlock zip. I tried flashing it from the bootstrap but it says "e:signature verification failed"
My Droid 4 is rooted with the latest droid utility lite, running stock GB 219 and I have reset the phone to clear all user data.

I have downloaded many instances of the file but all have failed. Anyone can provide a mirror please?

Does version of the droid 4 utility matter? I have tried updating busybox with root but ended up with a corrupted busybox and had to reroot the phone.

Now currently trying to unroot and root using the older full version of droid 4 ultility 0.4. Goo.im giving me headaches by refusing to let me download and keeps on looping the 10 sec wait.

xavez87

Reaction score
okay never mind. I just read cellzealot's post that "Yes, the recent ICS leaks for both Razr and D4 enable global mode by default using the same 8 byte string in RF_BC_CONFIG_I that we have been applying to get GSM service working."

so I will be just skipping the gsm zip and flash ICS directly

xavez87

Reaction score
Now running ICS 213 on my Droid 4 and confirmed GSM works on Singapore network!!

Please update the OP TLDR section to not include the gsm zip flash and un-bold the gsm patch instructions.

However I ran into another problem of corrupted motorola recovery... doesn't seem to affect phone function so far. I will look around and try to find a solution.