Finally got to test 4g today

BSG4893

Reaction score
I got my thunderbolt the day it came out but I live on long island, new york just 20 miles out of 4g service area so I haven't gotten to try it yet but today I went in an area that had 4g and it was ridiculously fast its actually depressing that I only live in a 3g area... Knowing 4g is just 20 miles away sucks...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's only one of the reasons I advised not to get on the TB bandwagon. I have to admit I didn't know the battery would be as bad as it is.

alboboy10

Reaction score
My battery has actually been solid. I got 13 hours of moderate use yesterday (a little more than moderate) on 4G for about 80% of the time, and at the end I had 15% left.

Today in the morning I got the extended beast battery...if you're having battery issues, get it. This battery is insane. I was on 4G, browsing the internet, email, texting non stop for over 1.5 hours, plus a lot of videos watched streaming. I was trying to drain the battery so I could give it a full charge, and when the battery came it was at 30%. I barely got it down to 15% with phone calls too. The battery just wasn't budging.

4G is great on this phone. Thank God for this battery I don't ever have to toggle between 3G and 4G anymore. Might just delete phone info, not needed anymore.

lee__D

Reaction score
i live about 5 miles outside of 4g, but work within 4g.

the difference in battery life is astonishing. That said, i have chargers everywhere so it's basically a non issue for me.

tbolt1125

Reaction score
I don't see why ppl complain so much about the battery if u don't like be phone return it, if ur like the rest of us who love the phone just buy an extended battery..I love the phone and my battery is ok on 3g but I'm use to my blackberry never dieing so just for convenience I am going to buy the extended battery, I usually unplug my phone at 7am and have to plug it in at 1030pm, for me that isn't a deal breaker when I first read reviews I though the phone would last 4 hours so I'm happy with my battery I just want a little more and when my area does get 4G ill be prepared with the battery

sent from the bolt

cnmsales

Reaction score
Battery is just not an issue for me. Im not in a 4g area and have it disabled. But it will easily last me 2 days and thats with moderate use. And im a tad future proof for when we do get 4g. The battery last way longer then my Droid1 ever has.

PaintDrinkingPete

Reaction score
I'm "lucky" enough to live and work in an area with good 4G coverage (Wash, DC).

To be honest, I leave the 4G on, and my battery isn't really that bad at all. With heavy use, I'm getting at least 12 hours out of it, an pretty much a full day with "normal" use*.

To the OP, as this is my first 4G phone, I will agree that the difference in speed is indeed remarkable. I haven't even really found a need to turn on WIFI yet at all.

*I've only had the device for 4 days now, so my sample size isn't very large, but I was expecting MUCH worse based on some of the reviews I had read.

subguy812

Reaction score
That's only one of the reasons I advised not to get on the TB bandwagon. I have to admit I didn't know the battery would be as bad as it is.
Huh? You advised against it because he lives 20 miles outside of a 4g area? Or because when he was in a 4g area he was impressed? I also didn't see him mention the battery. This sounds like a case of TB envy.

BubbaRob

Reaction score
My battery has actually been solid. I got 13 hours of moderate use yesterday (a little more than moderate) on 4G for about 80% of the time, and at the end I had 15% left.

Today in the morning I got the extended beast battery...if you're having battery issues, get it. This battery is insane. I was on 4G, browsing the internet, email, texting non stop for over 1.5 hours, plus a lot of videos watched streaming. I was trying to drain the battery so I could give it a full charge, and when the battery came it was at 30%. I barely got it down to 15% with phone calls too. The battery just wasn't budging.

4G is great on this phone. Thank God for this battery I don't ever have to toggle between 3G and 4G anymore. Might just delete phone info, not needed anymore.

Thanks for the real world usage info on the extended battery. I am going to grab one now. I work in heavy 4G area and my battery goes down 1% every 4-5 minutes or so with the the phone holstered and screen off. Granted I am in my office with only 1-2 bars of service. Its crazy the difference in battery life between 3G and 4G. I am just hoping for a case/holster soon that will allow the extended battery also.

motty69

Reaction score
LOL, when will the haters let the battery meme die? It's the new "what's a Zune?". I had a Eris before this phone and the TBolt has much better battery life. I pull my phone off the charger 5:30am, moderate to heavy use in the morning, light to moderate use during the day (but heavy texting) and I'm usually in the high 40s to low 50s around 4:00pm. I will usually charge for the last hour I'm at work. Then it's moderate to heavy usage (web & games) till I head to bed at 11:00pm. It's usually around mid to low 30s when it goes back on the charger. That's wifi at home and 3G at work, screen at approx 25% brightness. So I sezs, what battery issue?

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

OP
B

BSG4893

Reaction score
Huh? You advised against it because he lives 20 miles outside of a 4g area? Or because when he was in a 4g area he was impressed? I also didn't see him mention the battery. This sounds like a case of TB envy.
Someone noticed lol, I mentioned I loved the 4g speeds because I was impressed... Wasn't ranting about the battery or anything like that and it turns into a hating post chain lol

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I can't wait to try 4G. Might need to go to Tampa for something. Lol.

The day I got my bolt 4g was announced to be coming to my area. So I am happy:)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk