Finally got my DX

Reaction score
So I finally got my new DX hooked up and traded out my D2G, do what should I do first lol what's this efuse stuff I heard about? Obviously since people are using custom roms on the DX, its been bypassed

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You had the same thing on your D2G. Much better choices of ROMs etc for the DX :)

This thread has been Thunder struck!

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Orlly? I never heard about efuse til now. How was it the devs managed to bypass it. It seems the devs can bypass just about everything but the bootloader which you would think if people can figure out how to bypass cdkeys on games and the activation process on windows and all the other amazing things we've overcome in the PC world, that they would be able to bypass a bootloader on a phone. But don't get me wrong I do understand why it is so damn hard to crack the bootloader. But im sure you get what I mean. Anyways, I was wondering if the same z4root I used on my D2G to root it, would work on the DX? figured it would but just wanted to make sure

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Orlly? I never heard about efuse til now. How was it the devs managed to bypass it. It seems the devs can bypass just about everything but the bootloader which you would think if people can figure out how to bypass cdkeys on games and the activation process on windows and all the other amazing things we've overcome in the PC world, that they would be able to bypass a bootloader on a phone. But don't get me wrong I do understand why it is so damn hard to crack the bootloader. But im sure you get what I mean. Anyways, I was wondering if the same z4root I used on my D2G to root it, would work on the DX? figured it would but just wanted to make sure

The locked bootloader started on the DX and has been on every VZW Moto phone since. Hence why not much was available for your D2G. Look at the ROMs out for the D1...and how many are already out for the TB. Stupid bootloader!!
Yes, Z4 will work on the DX as well.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Yea I know plus the D2G and its dual radio band made it even more difficult. Hence, one of the reasons i switched to the DX, I wanted to play around with more roms besides fission and even tho another rom or two was in the works i wanna have more options and am even intetested in learning to make roms and the D2G is not a good phone to learn on (tho it was my first android phone so i learned what i know so far on it). Also I heard that the HTC TB was HTC's first phone with a locked bootloader. Cause pretty much all of the carriers and manufactures are cracking down on us custom rom fans. Btw, while on that topic, is it true its no longer wise and/or possible to use a free wifi tethering app after rooting your phone?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Exactly right.
Idk to be honest but, I think its mainly for the users that are running the TBH HotSpot hack. I still use Wireless Tether and Easy Tether. I don't see them being as easy to trace as VZW's actual app. If that make sense..?

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
makes total sense. I use wireless tether as well, so I guess I will just go ahead and use it til I find out otherwise. I don't use it all that much. Pretty much just when I bring my PS3/Xbox360 somewhere there's no wifi signal and I use it sometimes to play around on my ipod touch....on another note I can't wait to get a custom ROM (just rooted it a second ago) on here tomorrow. I forgot how laggy the stock moto/android rom can be, especially with my widgets lol. I have noticed better battery life and memory speeds on my DX tho compared to my D2G can't wait to overclock this ***** lol

On a completely different note I'm pisses to hear that epic won't be releasing its mobile unreal engine to android devs because they feel since there is too many varying hardware specs between the **** ton of different android phones. They wouldn't be able to deliver consistent quality (which makes sense I guess, at least I got the new 4th gen itouch so I will be able to play rage on there as well as my PC and/or consoles) but it dissapoints even more now cause after seeing the quality of and size of my DX's screen! Omfg it would be perfect for highend gaming like that. I really hope android gets some better games. Their saving grace in that department is the emulators which I play all the time (currently running thru Chrono Trigger on the tiger snes emu. As well as Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow on my Tiger GBA emu....good stuff)

Last edited: