Finally, good 3d games!!! (polarbit games)

hobby31

Reaction score
I know there are other post on Polarbit AB but I felt it deserved another as these are the best games I have seen on android. I have been using android since the tmobile g1 came out. So far I have downloaded 4 of their lite versions and plan to buy them all. The 3d graphics are the best I have seen so far on android and they all have worked great on the droid so far. I just feel like this developer should get some love so other developers will follow. I hope this is a start of "ipod" like games as I have an ipod and have had a iphone (which I gave up for the droid.)

Anyway, best games I've seen so far.

HiGloss

Reaction score
Yeah they're great, but the graphics could be better. Remeber the droid has the exact same processing capabilities as the iphone3gs

cb2000a

Reaction score
Yeah they're great, but the graphics could be better. Remeber the droid has the exact same processing capabilities as the iphone3gs

Actually, better than iphone cause of the resolution of the Droid. Wait till Assassins Creed comes out on Andy 2.0.

Polymira

Reaction score
Actually ... due to the higher resolution, you would have to dumb down graphics to keep speeds up.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yup, and iPhone devs have been writing games for iPhone OS alot longer than Android devs for Android phones. It took quite some time for iPhone games to get where they are now.

OP
hobby31

hobby31

Reaction score
Update: I originally started this post. I still have an iphone 2g that I was using on tmobile prior to moving to verizon for the droid. I decided to download the polarbit games on both and do a side by side comparision. The games look good on both but the droids colors seemed more vibrant and rich. The games loaded quicker on the droid and the accelorometer seemed better on the droid. I did notice that the file sizes were bigger on the droid as compared to the iphone:

iphone droid
Raging thunder: 2.6MB 4.88MB
Wave Blazer 5.1MB 10.20MB
Iron Sight 50.6MB 15.7MB Bigger on IPhone
Toon Warz 8.6MB 17.44MB
Armageddon Sq. 8.6MB 16.88MB

Iron Sight was the only one bigger on the iphone and it is quite a bit bigger. The others seem to be twice as large as the iphone.

Anyone have any speculation why this is? Does it take that much more to make them run on android?

dpw2atox

Reaction score
I've been very tempted to buy these games and I think i'll be caving in soon to do so.

Nukewire

Reaction score
These games are great, but they are so large in size... Who's bright idea was it to not allow the ability to install apps onto the SD card... :mad: