Finally...going to pull the trigger.

Discussion in 'UltimateDroid' started by hrdnhvy, Jan 15, 2011.

1. hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive been tossing & turning debating to flash UD 3 beta or not, but curiosity has gotten the better of me, partially because that infinite theme looks sick, dling 3.0.0 right now, then dling the theme...then comes all the usual & necessary backups then time to flash.

2. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    you wont regret it, it's pretty stable and i have never lost data like some are reporting...my only issue is the lights but thats not a deal breaker for me

3. hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope thats the case for me....the 3g problem was kinda holding me back & for the lights...i never use my physical keyboard any way & I keep my soft key backilghts disabled anyway...thanks for the input.

4. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    yeah being wary about the data issue is definitely understandable but toggling airplane mode on and off seems to work for those who have the issue...kinda annoying yes, but its a workaround i guess

5. hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, back to tUD 2.5 for me for now. 3.0.0 Beta flashes ok & runs ok on its own, but it seems once I start installing some of my apps, the first time I reboot I get stuck on the boot animation & keeps looping, only thing that gets me out of it is a battery pull & booting into recovery. I have not tracked the problem down specifically yet, but it always seems to happen after I install any gapps or after or if I restore any apps using titanium backup.

6. hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I decided to give tUD 3.0.0 Beta 1 more try = success so far. This time around I am installing ALL my apps directly from the market vs. restoring sum via titanium, I also did not install any gapps but for gmail, I am installing one app at a time so hopefully if I do develop any issues I will be able to track it down.