Finally found something to gripe about

divalibra

Reaction score
Ok..for some reason my phone has stopped vibrating when I get text messages. I have searched this forum only to find out that some apps will cause the phone to do this and that downloading the smart vibrater app is a work around for this but what kinda irks me is that now I have to download an app to fix something that another app messed up. I cant really tell which app caused the problem because I am not sure how long the phone had stopped vibrating. **SN..still smitten with the eris.**

ShowTime

Reaction score
I agree with you about it seeming pointless/annoying to have to get a new app to alleviate a problem caused by another. Unfortunately, that might still be what you have to end up doing. But before that, I'd uninstall all your apps (hopefully you don't have too many?) and then turn your phone off, pull the battery for 30 seconds, reinstall the battery, turn it back on and see if your vibrate and sound functions are working properly again. If they (hopefully) are, then you can reinstall your apps, one by one, and test it each time to find out which one is causing the problem.

OP
D

divalibra

Reaction score
@ Showtime..thanks for your suggestion..is there a way to remove all the apps at once or do I have to remove them one by one. Also what about apps that are just widgets or file managers (i.e battery indicator, sd card usage, astro, and internal storage) would they need to be removed as well.

@ Corinacakes..I'm glad you understood my thread title. :)

Mayhew

Reaction score
Sound Manager caused my Droid to quit vibrating.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score

WHAT AM I MISSING??? :icon_eek:

Seriously? :icon_eek: The thread is saying..."After reading thread after thread for 3 months listening to problems, whining, crying and complaining. i finally found something i can complain, whine, cry and make a thread about!"

In other words, they have the perfect droid :D just like me :D

Tff i love it lol

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

WHAT AM I MISSING??? :icon_eek:

Seriously? :icon_eek: The thread is saying..."After reading thread after thread for 3 months listening to problems, whining, crying and complaining. i finally found something i can complain, whine, cry and make a thread about!"

In other words, they have the perfect droid :D just like me :D

Tff i love it lol

Oh. Apparently I am a moron. :)

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I don't think it's any app in particular, I think it's possible with any app that changes master settings.

Shop Savvy did it to me. Anyone who had this problem, post here with what app did it to you, lol.

hlaalu

Reaction score
well someone should step up and make an app that searches through installed apps that cause this conflict :)

ShowTime

Reaction score
Divalibra, to my knowledge there isn't any way to auto uninstall all your apps at once. Probably just have to do them one at a time. And you could leave your Widgets and such and see of it's fixed. If it isn't, then try the Widgets too.