Finally File Management from within ClockWorkMod Recovery

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

i.36.jpg

We have all been there. You boot into clockworkmod recovery to flash a zip, and by the time you have wiped data you get ready to install the zip its not on your sdcard. So you have to boot back into Android to move the particular file. TWRP recovery has had file management built in now for nearly a month however it has still not been incorporated into Clockworkmod recovery. There are plenty of reasons that you may need to be able to manage your files while in recovery mode, and Aroma File Manager allows you to do just that! It may seem like this sort of thing would be more complicated than it is worth to get it installed and running, but that is far from the truth. In fact it is very simple and easy to use Aroma File Manager. Simply download the aromafilemanager.zip to your sdcard, reboot into recovery, choose install from sdcard, select the zip, then start managing your files. You'll be able to copy, cut, delet, make new folders, and more all while in recovery mode. This could be a time and headache saver for sure!

Grab this nifty tool Via XDA

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is this compatible with the Safestrap recovery on the Bionic? I'd like to try it, but don't feel like FXZing my phone because I tried it before asking.

EDIT: Answered my own question. It will work since it is an app that simply runs from a .zip file, with one caveat. Since .zip installation is disabled on the non-safe system, it will only work in safe system mode.

EDIT2: Spoke too soon, doesn't work in safe partition either, gives an Error 4 instead of running.

skostos

Reaction score
can i use usb mass storage from this recovery.. i think thats what it was saying but i wasnt for sure since when the examples came that wasnt mentioned... copy paste move make new files... etc. but not usb mass storage?? anyone?

rocketero

Reaction score
This doesn't work in my device, as the original xda-developpers thread say it works only in ARM NEON devices.