Finally done =)

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by xxlostsurferx16, May 12, 2010.

1. xxlostsurferx16

xxlostsurferx16 New Member

Finally rooted and ready to use this phone to it's full potential. I just want to thank everyone and all the people on this forum who have provided the tips to be able to root and now download and install ROMS. This forum is great and the people on here don't shun my questions away with cunny remarks. Thanks again all.

One question though. Now that I am rooted, do I need to overclock or is it just something that should be done?

Thanks
    lostsurfer
  2. mrgarrison

mrgarrison New Member

most roms now come with overclocked kernels anywhere from 800mhz to 1200mhz. its not necessary but i would recommend it if you just rooted because chances are youre going to become addicted like most of us on here and switch roms around quite often until you find exactly what you want, then switch again.. :) The app SetCPU is needed for overclocking control(at least easily). short story extra short, yeah you should. i wish you the best of rooted times.
  3. lerit50

lerit50 New Member

Yes as the post above me says most ROMS are oc'd at the start, I recommend downloading setcpu off the marketplace and using it to adjust your cpu to how you want it.

Good luck! Feel free to private message me with any questions.
  4. xxlostsurferx16

thanks man, yeah i was looking into just downloading and purchasing setcpu . thanks I know I will enjoy rooting. Cheers
  5. xxlostsurferx16

One more question.. What's a safe speed to set my CPU at so I can prevent Overheating?
  6. warrior21

warrior21 New Member

That depends on your phone. Some members have gone as high as 1.3ghz and ran fine while others will experience fc's at 1.2. It also depends on the kernel you are running. I am overclocked at 1.1ghz and have no issues whatsoever. You should probably start out at 800mhz and see how you like it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  7. mrgarrison

mrgarrison New Member

I have used all the way up to 1.3ghz and havent overheated but it can get hot. 800mhz will usually get the job done and should stay cool pretty much all the time depending on what youre doing, brightness, etc.. The average is probably 1ghz and that runs very smoothe. i have heard people start freezing at anything over 1ghz but that was never a problem for me. everyones phone is different.
  8. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    I have used Bekits 1.1 Ghz LV kernel and it ran smooth and stayed cool. I am currently on p3 1.2 Ghz and so far it is also staying cool and running great. However, IMO it is really important to set your profiles in SetCPU so that as your battery life diminishes or your battery heats up, your processor slows down.
  9. xxlostsurferx16

Mr. Garrison/Warrior

Thanks guys, I'll start out at 800 and see how that works for me. Thanks a lot guys.
    PS Im currently running RedRum theme
  10. mrgarrison

mrgarrison New Member

no problem. message or post any questions you have. redrum is a great choice :D