1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Finally, Baseball Scorecard!

Discussion in 'App Announcements' started by blumer, May 13, 2010.

1. blumer

blumer New Member

That darn iPhone has had several for such a long time. Well, finally, there's one for Android. 6-4-3 Baseball Scorecard is now available in the Android Market. Staying true to that pencil-and-paper feel, you can score the game, manage players (and save them for quick entry again later), and of course generate beautiful and legible scorecards for printing or sending to friends.

Here it is:
    [​IMG]
  2. 10david2

10david2 Guest

I was looking forward to this, but $9.99? I don't think so!!
  3. lockcity

lockcity New Member

lol $10 for that?

People still keep score this way?
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I notice in the sample lineup its the Rockies. Does it have team rosters? I'd pay 10 Bucks for that.
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
  5. blumer

blumer New Member

If you're not interested in what it does, you don't have to buy it. ;)

Hookbill: It does not have rosters pre-loaded, but it does save a roster for you after the first time you enter it so you don't have to do it every time. It's possible I may add roster downloads later, but for now I just wanted to get something out there since I've found so many people looking for one.
  6. pinballwizard

pinballwizard New Member

They might be looking for one, but not a ten dollar one, don't you think you could lower the price so rational people will actually buy it?
  7. hookbill

Yes I think putting a price that's equivalent to something like Document to Go is a bit steep. I think it's only fair you get a return for your hard work but I'm not going to shell out 10 bucks for it.

Take a look at what iPhone has available for 4 bucks: Baseball Scorecard for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
  8. blumer

blumer New Member

Thanks for your input, guys.

I'm aware of what the comparable iPhone apps are. Did you read the reviews for that one? All three gave it one star and called it non-functional. Meanwhile, K-ForCE Pointstreak and iScore are competing with each other at the $10 price point, and over the months I've been developing this, I've found numerous people on the internet (particularly HS coaches) desperate for such a product and describe being willing to pay much more if someone would only make one.

All that is to say, I'm sorry that's not the value you associate with being able to do this on your phone. That's okay, though, and I won't be at all offended if you wait for a cheaper option to be developed by someone else. In the meantime, though, I'm the only viable option on the Android platform for this type of app, and I'm getting sales. I may fine-tune the price at some point, but not just yet. I'll let you know if I do.

Cheers
  9. blumer

blumer New Member

That said, the caveat to all of this is, this is my first time putting an app out, and I may at some point decide to test whether cutting the price in half leads to more than 2x the sales. I'll concede that I may be wrong on this--just not yet! ;)
  10. hookbill

Maybe you could start out by having a sale. You know, like for 1 or 2 days have a special. Then raise the price if you feel that's fair.

That will help get some input for all of us on how good it is.

And I'll be sure to give it a try because I love to get a deal!:)
  11. cadetevon

cadetevon New Member

I pay $5 to $10 for score books and then I have to manually transfer that data into a spread sheet that I created (to do the math on the stats for me), then I have to manipulate THAT data into something useful for my managers.

No thanks. $10 is totally worth someone else doing all of that for me.

With 6-4-3 all I have to do is score the game. All the rest is automated.

I'm a new purchaser and I hope that this app works on game day as well as the comments say. Looking forward to testing it out.
  12. SkullandBones

SkullandBones New Member

I paid the ten bucks for it - it's seriously not that huge of an expense - and am happy with it. It's a little clumsy at first, but after the first couple of innings it actually becomes quite easy to use. The biggest key I noticed was that it's pretty important to get linups and positions set before the game starts, especially if it's your first time trying to score a game with it. All MLB rosters are available to dl, and I haven't noticed any inacuracies with them yet. Probably not going to be a big hit with the casual fan, but I don't get the feeling it's targeted at the casual observer. But, for the small group of fans who still score games, either at home or at the park, it works as advertised.
Search tags for this page

6-4-3 baseball scorecard app

6-4-3 baseball scorecard forum
643 baseball scorecard
android scorecard baseball
android scoring app 643
baseball scorebook for android hacked

baseball scorecard android

baseball scorecard android app
baseball scorecard app android
baseball scorecard for android
baseball scorecard for galaxy s4