finally a problem!

mindytyson3

Reaction score
ok i set up my windstream.net email on my droid 2 and it receives them just fine but it won't let me send one out! can somebody please help. i may have done something wrong i am not sure. thanks.

oz0ne

Reaction score
Did you adjust the settings to relfect the following?

With your e-mail account with Windstream use the following e-mail settings:
  • E-mail Address Format: USERNAME@windstream.net
  • Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.windstream.net
  • Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.windstream.net
  • Account name: your Windstream.net email address
  • Incoming and Outgoing mail server requires authentication
Settings link

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok i set up my windstream.net email on my droid 2 and it receives them just fine but it won't let me send one out! can somebody please help. i may have done something wrong i am not sure. thanks.

Quite often you need to manually set the port on the outgoing mail to something other than the standard port 25. I have used both 465 and 587 as ports on my Cox account and I've seen other ISPs that use those ports for cell phones. I have no idea if this will be of benefit, but I also had to check the block (in manual setup) said to use SSL if available. Play around with those settings and you'll find a combination that works. Also, Google windstream and smtp settings. You may get some tips from that.

OP
mindytyson3

mindytyson3

Reaction score
thank ya'll for your help. i will try this and see what it does. i will let ya'll know. thanks again.

OP
mindytyson3

mindytyson3

Reaction score
ok i figured it out! yeah! i had to put it on 25 actually for it to work. it was set on like 500 and something..lol. that is what it was set on when i got the phone so didn't know i needed to change it but got it now and thanks!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok i figured it out! yeah! i had to put it on 25 actually for it to work. it was set on like 500 and something..lol. that is what it was set on when i got the phone so didn't know i needed to change it but got it now and thanks!

Wow, my public ramblings finally benefited someone. Glad it worked out for you. :)