Finally-2.2 update

Lastdaze

Reaction score
I think it has been rolled out to all galaxy s except the fascinate

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Jmax1138

Reaction score
I am never going to buy another Samsung product again. Plain and simple. Moto please

Lastdaze

Reaction score
I am never going to buy another Samsung product again. Plain and simple. Moto please

I get why people are mad, but stop getting hopes up over unconfirmed rumors and u wont be so easily dissapointed. If u mad, then root. All smartphones have their issues but overall ive been happy with the fascinate despite no ota froyo

Lastdaze

Reaction score
Also, the day isnt over, the epic update didnt start rolling out till yesterday afternoon if im not mistaken

johnoskeyy

Reaction score
Good point. I think the last update from verizon came out in the afternoon, so I wont give up on verizon yet...

Last edited:

fishmstr

Reaction score
You guys will have to keep waiting...a google search says the update has been pulled...ill never buy a samsung phone. Moto and htc all the way!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Got a link to that?

GDP

Reaction score
LOL. Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it

OP
B

Buckshotmini

Reaction score
I read an article identical to the one referenced but it said "Captivate" was pulled, not "Fascinate". I will dig it up and post it here.

OP
B

Buckshotmini

Reaction score
Andgeeks article dated February 18 with and update confirming Epic received froyo. Sorry i can't figure out how to post it from my phone. Weak, i know.

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
Just wait out the day. Complain tonight if no update. I'm starting to have my doubts now tho.

Sent from my Fascinating Galaxy S

Jamis0n

Reaction score
"The thing is, android is a new system for many. They're used to the companies and manufacturers making everything for them. Android was made with open source software which can be manipulated by devs and even the common user, which is amazing to see so many different apps, roms, themes, which are, yes, not encouraged by the any of the them [manufacturers and carriers] but it is by Google. Jailbreaking an iPod gives everything for free aka stealing from apple. Rooting gives access for the complete vision of android, a fingerprint. Yours on your phone and Google's in the world, with a device many can call their phone.

Read tutorials. Review posts. Many people on these forums need help or like to help. But make the first steps by learning just a smidge about it."

Yes, this is replayed if no one read it. You have the ability to have froyo and have had that since the beginning of February. Reason a droids were so appealing to everyone in the beginning was the ciustomizable features and software updates would be frequent. So take initiative and get.your froyo. I help with ppl on instant messager and many other ppl are willing to help.

rockin froyo:
sc nv eb01 v2.4 rom
midnight 1.1 theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

OP
B

Buckshotmini

Reaction score
Jamis0n, i may take you up on your offer of help. I have been reading a lot about rooting, but still feel too inexperienced to do it myself. I will give this update until midnight tonight. If it hasn't arrived (which i am guessing it will not) what is the best way to reach you for help?

JeffWNC1

Reaction score
I bricked my first one in October. I might get up the gumption to try again, but I was unsuccessful once and had to get a replacement. And I read up for two weeks before I tried.

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
I bricked my first one in October. I might get up the gumption to try again, but I was unsuccessful once and had to get a replacement. And I read up for two weeks before I tried.

If you root, does it void your warranty? Cuz I wanna root, but not if it voids the warranty

Sent from my Fascinating Galaxy S

ziggy484

Reaction score
Jamis0n, i may take you up on your offer of help. I have been reading a lot about rooting, but still feel too inexperienced to do it myself. I will give this update until midnight tonight. If it hasn't arrived (which i am guessing it will not) what is the best way to reach you for help?

Its really not that complicated, and being too nervous can lead to mistakes. Look in development forum for thread called Odin eb01 package, its right near the top. There's only like 4 steps, and you'll be rooted with froyo. Its easier than any other method you're going to find here.

Sent from my rooted Froyo Fascinate