Final Gingerbread that is coming this week

msu

Reaction score
I see that Verizon has signed off on Gingerbread for the DX and that the final build is out. I'm running the first build/rooted.

My question is, do I just put on the final/rooted build that is out now or sbf back and then take the update from verizon and then root?

leonozug

Reaction score
I see that Verizon has signed off on Gingerbread for the DX and that the final build is out. I'm running the first build/rooted.

My question is, do I just put on the final/rooted build that is out now or sbf back and then take the update from verizon and then root?

I think the best thing to do is SBF back to bone stock un-rooted .340 froyo, and take the update that verizon pushes out. It will probably only be a matter of days(or hours)before the new build gets rooted.

Or, you can put the non-rooted .595 build on your phone if you want to. You will still receive the verizon update that way. I'm running Zombiestomped 1.65 and loving it so much, I'm going to wait until the update is absolutely comfirmed being pushed out to SBF back to stock.

leonozug

Reaction score
Oh and the reason I plan of SBF'ing to stock .340 is because I want a clean as possible slate when I recieve that Gingerbread update from Verizon. SBF it and to a factory reset and clear the cache. All us guys who root and rom the X are putting leak after leak on top of one another. I think it would be best to start fresh.

Reaction score
Question

How can we get the update to gingerbread when you are already running gingerbread 595. I'm personally on stock 2.2 and waiting. Really liking stock right now.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mjsplicer

Reaction score
I plan on NOT taking the OTA till it's rooted, stripped of VZW bloatware and transformed into something blurless

DThomp

Reaction score
I plan on NOT taking the OTA till it's rooted, stripped of VZW bloatware and transformed into something blurless

I'm with you on that one.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

droidxchat

Reaction score
blur is really awesome, its come a long way, you should give it a try again. try zombiestomped, it removed the bloat, left the good blur. the contacts manager alone is worth it. and the blur launcher is reallllly smooth

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
blur is really awesome, its come a long way, you should give it a try again. try zombiestomped, it removed the bloat, left the good blur. the contacts manager alone is worth it. and the blur launcher is reallllly smooth

Agreed. I used LauncherPro fro AGES and am using the Blur launcher without issue. I only wish there was a way to keep the icon locations so I can reset and bring them back easier.

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
I have always used either ADW or Launcher pro. But when Gingerbread came out I was actually impressed that it worked a lot better. It isn't exactly what I want, but a improvement over the past. I still hate blur seeing ASOP has most things you need.
That said, I decided to try out Go Launcher. I would have to say this is by far the best launcher. I've been running it over a week now and it has (seems to have) both of what ADW and LP had/has. Also, it has never forced closed on me (yet) and runs smooth.