Final Froyo Release for Sapphire by CCRoms V2.02 Next Up Gingerbread

Mikejl

Reaction score
First RedRum and now Sapphire. Orphaned again.

Right now CM is not in the same league as Sapphire. If CVPCS can work his magic to make CM as smooth and stable as Sapphire then it could be a good move.

Mike

Last edited:

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score

Right now CM is not in the same league as Sapphire. If CVPCS can work his magic to make CM as smooth and stable as Sapphire then it could be a good move.

Mike

Seconded, which is why I still think CVPCS should import dev's, not go outbound.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score

Mike

Seconded, which is why I still think CVPCS should import dev's, not go outbound.

+1!!!!

sent from my rooted nook color

microsnook

Reaction score
Nevermind, I read all the information on their website. I wanted to know if it was stable or not.

Thoraldus

Reaction score
Oh, of course - I'll also be running 2.0.2 until CM7 becomes stable and working enough to use.

I doubt you'll be running any custom ROMs on the Bionic, or at least it will be as limited a situation as the X/2, despite rumors to the contrary. But one can always hope.

I have always believed that any device that can accept firmware updates can be customized. Eventually. :)

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
the source will remain available for those who wish to fork it and keep it going.

Anyone planning on keeping it going? Just curious. I will only be going to cm if cvpcs fixes the bugs in cm.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

flyinion

Reaction score
The obvious question is: if Cyanogen is known for being a popular, highly customized ROM for Android and cvpcs is known for creating a stable, fast Android ROM without many frills - how is that going to work when cvpcs is on the CM team? Will they let him do his thing or will they prefer he assimilate?

Hopefully we'll get a fast stable ROM with all the frills :) I've never run CM myself. Flashed it a couple times to look but that was it. I didn't get my Droid till last Feb. and it was like May before I rooted it. For whatever reason I started with JRummy's older ROMs and then SS for a bit until Sapphire 1.0 hit. Been on Sapphire since. Looking forward to seeing what cvpcs can do with CM for the Droid though :)

RacingManiac

Reaction score
Didn't wipe and installed it over 2.0.0. Works fine. Love the new Galaxy S pulldown widgets and the subtle updates in the GEM settings...

jayman350

Reaction score

Mike

I know right, I'm in the same boat as you. I was running Team Chaos roms for a while, then right as the Froyo source code came out they broke up. Now as Gingerbread is hitting the scene CCROMs is going away.

CM is decent, it will run well for a couple of weeks then it starts to really slow down. Hopefully we can get some of the Sapphire stability and speed into CM7.

RacingManiac

Reaction score
sucks that there won't be any more Sapphire, its what got me to root my phone and running custom ROM in the first place. And since it was(and still is) stable and fast my experience with custom ROM have been nothing but positive.

I am probably going to be entirely satisfied with running 2.0.2 until I switch phone...

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Check out Droid Life. There is an article over there discussing the move further.