Final Fantasy 3 Help, Anyone Have A Working Game??? Or Am I Doing Something Wrong?

rmkleman

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just got my droid this last week and i have been looking through all the posts on here (especialy in the apps section) i ran across the post of how to download and play games with the snes rom. I downloaded final fantasy 3 (my favorite of all time!!!) and megaman 3, both from freeroms.com and Followed all the directions. Started the FF3 and got reall excited when the blue screen and music came up, my problem is that i can not figure out how to enter names into the characters in the begining like there is no select button or something. I figured out the letter P is the a button i believe and tried to go into the settings and set all my keys the way i want them, but i still can not figure out how to work this thing! Am i missing something here? i really am only looking for final fantasy 3 and possibly the zelda from nintendo. I got the megaman up and running what seems to be fine. Let me know what is goin on please! Thanks in advance!!

Ryan

jabro

Reaction score
Delete is the Select button. But if that doesn't work go into setting and enable the onscreen keypad and use that.

Mawnee

Reaction score
I've had no issues with the Game boy advanced version(FFVI). Its the same game but has some upgraded graphics. :)

OP
R

rmkleman

Reaction score
Can you tell me what emulator you're running for that version on the game boy advanced? and where you downloaded the game at? I tried turning on the on screen keypad but the start and select button still do not work. i type my first characters name in and that's about as far as i can get... i don't think i'm doing anything wrong but maybe i still am!? Any more help on this would be fantastic! thanks!!

Mawnee

Reaction score
Running Gameboid, I've tried multiple versions of the rom and they all worked fine with it :)

OP
R

rmkleman

Reaction score
Where did you download the rom of final fantasy 3 at for the gameboid? Still can't get the nes FF3 rom to play correctly.

dnvnk

Reaction score
While this is only legal if you "own the rom,"

Piratebay.org will have lots of torrents, each with "full sets" of roms. I walk around everywhere with every single snes, nes, gb, gbc, gba, and genesis game ever made in my pocket. Yeah, I am a classic game fan.

yagame

Reaction score
Hi i'm playing Final Fantasy 3 in my Anndroid phone and i don't know what i pressed but during battle they are auto escaping without me pressing anything can anybody help me about this

Big Nurse

Reaction score
I'm having a strange problem with FFIII(VI) myself. I've been through a number of ROMs so far, and while the auto-escape issue mentioned above seems to only be a problem in one or two ROMs, in all of them there seems to be some kind of issue with the MIDIs.

The best way I can describe it is an inability to stay in key. It seems like notes are programmed with their accidentals (specifically, sharps) for only a set period of time, after which they revert down to the natural, which creates an effect best described as...wonky. The music makes the game feel like some demonic carnival and it's extremely irritating. I tried the ROMs on my Mac SNES emulator and they all sounded beautiful.

I also have Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger, Mortal Kombat II and Secret of Mana on my Droid, none of which have any serious audio problems aside from a little scratchiness for the first few seconds upon loading it up.

Any idea what's going on here?

velocity92c

Reaction score
Guys keep in mind ROMs are illegal unless you own the cartridge, and linking to ROMs probably isn't a good idea on the forum. Try a PM.