Final Design of The Galaxy S 3 Makes an Appearance..or Not

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
sgs3final2.jpg

The hype and rumor for this handset just keeps giving. A tipster sent Phonearena a press photo of the allegedly “final design” of the Galaxy S III seen above. Is it an accurate render? That remains to be seen, but lets take a look at what we do have. The handset is running 4.0.x, aka Ice Cream Sandwich, which is obviously easy to decipher by the Google Search bar on the homescreen and the lack of physical buttons. The handset also appears to have very little bezel and a large screen. There have been rumors of a bezel-less handset, and while it is unknown if that device is the Galaxy S 3, this particular render could get away with being called bezel-less. It's all interpretation at this point. Also, notice the March 22 date on the clock widget. That coincides with the rumored announcement date.

We really can't debunk the render because there are no video or photos of Samsung's ICS/TouchWiz Ui, so to say the font is too large, or the notification panel is too vague, would be a misstep. All excellent observations of course, but we cannot venture down that road right now. So, could this be an accurate render of the Samsung Galaxy S 3 or a complete hoax? That is the million dollar question.

What do you think? Real or photochopped hoax?

Source: Phonearena

Last edited by a moderator:

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I noticed that the phone looks very thin in the picture. Previous rumors suggested that the device will be 7mm. Of course, the render above could have been done by someone who heard the 7mm rumors, and we don't know if they are true or not. You can't support one argument with one that is also unsupported. Still, I think it would be cool if this were an actual leaked pic of the device because it is pretty awesome! It definitely follows Samsung's style for their press release phone pics, but if it turns out false that just means the artist was really talented and made a great fake!

jfe

Reaction score
It's not true unless someone leaves it at a bar

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Is it just me or does it look too tall? Also, if that's considered bezel-less then so is the Nexus. Bezel-less effectively would mean that the screen would go all the way to the edge of the phone, not that it matters much with the added real estate what with not having physical buttons.

ezizzle95

Reaction score
definitly fake, they just took a s2 and threw that crap on top. and made it a lil thinner. :icon_evil: also at the bottom of the software buttons is rough and pixelized.

gunit34328

Reaction score
looks pretty nice. even if it was a fake, you would have to give credit to the great photoshop skills these trolls have.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I liked the mock up more, and I didn't really even care for that.

This looks like a GS2 with a black bar over the bottom.

sabroso

Reaction score
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by jfe
it's not true unless someone leaves it at a bar
lol.
oh no!!! not curve, no rounded back to make it looks thiner, Black&White option, you can find it in a Bar, mmmm I smell another lawsuit. ROFTL ;)

dug-e-fresh

Reaction score
Im going with a nice fake.

The Camera/Sensor/Speaker layout is an exact mirror image of the Gnex... not saying it COULDN'T be that way... but it would make for an easy photoshop.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Obviously this looks fake, it's a rendering of what it could look like. If this lands on Verizon, on looks alone I'm getting it!