1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Files? Droid file structure, backups, and wiping

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by naalex, May 2, 2010.

1. naalex

naalex New Member

1) Can someone give me a quick rundown on the file structure of the Droid (or point me to a good explanation)? For example: What are the main system folders? What's in /System or /Data? And what important data is stored on the sdcard, if any?

2) This leads to my next question: when making major OS or ROM changes, my understanding is that it is best to "wipe" one's data, sometimes twice. First off, this is accomplished through the recovery console, doing a factory reset, correct? And, what folders and files are deleted through this process? Is the SD card left untouched?

3) Making a nandroid backup, what is backed-up? Everything including the sdcard's contents or just the core OS files, apps, and settings?

Thanks.
Search tags for this page

android os directory structure