File issue

9wire

Reaction score
Copied over my music and stuff from my x, about 12gb, did a factory reset and it deleted everything. Stupid usb file transfer is SLOW, took over 2 hours. Is there a way to protect the files? Several little issues with this phone, one minor annoyance is the manual isn't very helpful.

pushdrops

Reaction score
Copied over my music and stuff from my x, about 12gb, did a factory reset and it deleted everything. Stupid usb file transfer is SLOW, took over 2 hours. Is there a way to protect the files? Several little issues with this phone, one minor annoyance is the manual isn't very helpful.

File transfer is super slow - (MTP) , i thought for sure there would be a USB Mass Storage driver option right ? (on the Galaxy 2 I can copy GB's of MP3's in no time - this is taking minutes for a 16MB podcast .....)

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

A Factory Data Reset on this phone wipes everything!! If you are rooted you can do a Factory Data Reset in Clockwork Recovery and it doesn't wipe the sdcard internal. Otherwise just make sure you have everything backed up on your PC.

You can try other ports on your computer. There are some issues with this phone/drivers recognizing some usb ports properly. If you have ports on the back of your pc try them.

Good luck.