File cannot be displayed or played

turtleluver75

Reaction score
Hi there, whenever I want to watch a home video someone has posted on facebook it reads ... Error...file cannot be displayed or played, on my Droid Bionic Motorola. Anyone know of any suggestions?? I'd greatfully appreciate it if someone could help me!! Thank You!!!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

It may be a format the stock player won't play. There's several free video player apps, like MX Video Player, RockPlayer and MoboPlayer, that might work.

Last edited:

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I suggest MX video player, I use it pretty much exclusively for all my videos!

simonite

Reaction score
Bump, having thisprob too but with vids I take. ES video player will not play it either. How can a phone take a vid and not be able to play it back?

gsDroid

Reaction score
Bump, having thisprob too but with vids I take. ES video player will not play it either. How can a phone take a vid and not be able to play it back?
Are you using the stock camera video option to shoot the videos and your phone won't play it back? That is crazy. Has it always been that way? If you are rooted have you tried a wipe cache and dalvik in cw recovery or a poweroff/battery pull?

kai

Reaction score

I've had this problem. I changed my camcorder settings to save file to internal storage, not external sd card. The card that came with the phone, class4, isn't fast enough.

gsDroid

Reaction score
That's interesting. I've always had mine stored on the external sd card and never had a problem.

kai

Reaction score
Yes, I was stumped and fustrated. My husband's bionic wasn't giving him any problems. Then I looked at his settings and the only difference was where the file was being saved. Since then, I've had no problems saving or playing videos. Later, I read online others had a similiar problem. The only logical reason, to me, was the speed of the card.