Figuered out to video transfer to tv

ANT1862

Reaction score
This is my first smartphone, and I had to figure this out myself. There is NO HDMI cable for the Droid 2 global, becuase I wanted to be able to rent movies or download videos and be able to play them on my full size TV. I went to verizon store, best buy, even spoke to verizon techs, nobody knew much, except they kept talking about DLNA. Theres a pre-loaded app on the phone called DLNA, so, in order to transer the videos to your TV, your TV has to be DLNA compatiable, which mine isnt, so then in that case you need to make it so. Apparently theres only one device that does this, its a HTC Media Link DLNA Adapter DG H100. Here is the link to buy it, although i'm sure theres other places. http://shop.htcpedia.com/htc-media-link-dlna-tv-adapter.html. Amazing that no one, not the techs, not the phone techs, could tell me this, there was one guy in the verizon store, only one, that knew this. So, if anyone was having this same issue, now you know.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Looks like it's sold out. However it didn't say it was compatiable with a Droid 2 Global. but your's worked?
I have a Droid 1 with no HDMI cable, but HDMI on my TV and DVD player (bought after my Droid 1).

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Yep, you are correct about the DLNA app on the Moto phone. I never got into it until I got my Charge and tried to get the AllShare app to work, (Samsungs version of DLNA). Did you know you can stream any media on your computer to your phone as well. That is why I got into this, because I did not want to place the Media from the computer onto the phone SD card.

Now I have both of my phones streaming to my computer or from my computer or back and forth to each other, all over my home WIFI.

My current project is streaming over 3G/4G from my computer to my phone when I am away from home, not using WIFI. I am currently messing with the Plex app and have it working over WIFI at home but for some reason I can not get hooked up over 3G because of some issue I can not figure out. My desktop Plex can not talk to the Plex servers on the net. I am lost in a world of Networking and IP address, and port forwarding.

Even if I do not get that part working, I like using the Plex app to stream from my computer because the user interface is way better than using the DLNA or AllShare app. So it is not a total loss.