1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Fgr83g

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by beaton3344, May 30, 2011.

1. beaton3344

beaton3344 New Member

If you guys want a rom with no errors and amazing speed. No 3g issues no message issues no dialer issues good battery life.

Go here http://www.peteralfonso.com/p/downloads.html?m=1

Download FRG83G. Droid 1 is not made or will ever work with gingerbread. I'm never going back. I'm happy with my phone again. Its staying no more flashing. Froyo is so nice to have running again. Its twice as good as gingerbread, not sure how but gingerbread went from being better to worse than froyo.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  2. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

+1 on everything you said... i have been on a Froyo Custom Rom for a long time and every time i try a GB rom i go back after less then a day.
  3. buellboy9

buellboy9 New Member

Is that download any different than what I already have when I rooted FRG83G from the OTA update last year?
  4. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

Nope.. it's the same rooted stock rom. How do you like Sourcery so far?

Tapped from my Sourcerized D1
  5. skruid

skruid New Member

Liquid gingerbread all the way, really trumps froyo, never have problems, maybe it is just my phone

6. dvital

dvital New Member

I totally agree I think Gingerbread is pushing the limits of the OG Droid. BUT I have to say Chevy's SS 5.3 is a real fast and appears to be stable on the OG Droid, I haven't had any of the Gingerbread issues including the memory issues. Give it a try before you totally give up on Gingerbread roms. Also it utilizes all the CM 7 themes as well, so I'm rockin Honeycomb of course.

Just my 2ยข

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums
  7. zoomy942

zoomy942 New Member

Agreed. Using that rom and a kernel raidzero made for me and it's great. Everything just works
  8. Samurai26

Samurai26 New Member

Try CM7, its great for me with Chevy's kernels

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  9. beaton3344

beaton3344 New Member

Chevy's got gingerbread down and a few issues. But froyo by far runs better. Liquid I could not fix the dialer issues. When I received calls it would go to speaker phone or only one ring drove me crazy. And Chevy just had a few bugs but by far the best gingerbread. But stock killed them all. Don get me wrong had a blast flashing roms but my work is to important to miss calls. So when I get a new phone my Droid 1 will be my test phone. Also big thanks to all devs this is hard work. Especially for free. Thank thank thank you.

10. bigeric828

bigeric828 New Member

SS 5.3 runs better than any froyo rom. Just takes a few tweaks.
  11. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid Premium Member

Gingerbread is supposed to run faster... now if it weren't for the bugs......

No bugs in my froyo ;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  12. Andro X

Andro X New Member

Im on .596 deodexed and its been really good the only issue iv had is the hard keys staying lit but its an easy fix with adjbrightness app, iv had this same problem with the other versions but its def worth it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  13. tamlin42

tamlin42 New Member

I've been running gpa15 5/2 build for about that long, and with one of chevy's GB kernels teh battery life and performance have been FANTASTIC. however, I'm getting paranoid lately that I may be missing isolated texts or even calls, so i'd really be just as happy flashing to a stock 2.2 ROM. My question though, is this - is it possible, and has some made it, a theme for a stock 2.2 that looks like stock 2.3? the visual enhancements are for me one of the biggest draws of gingerbread. I attribute any increase in speed to kernel trickery and higher clock speeds....
  14. jeffcicale

jeffcicale New Member

+1 on that. I always check the bugless section because I love his work but lgb's work has been great! Froyo runs way too slow with all the apps I have. I'm having no problems on lgb1.9 but I guess is just my phone too...

15. zoomy942

zoomy942 New Member

I'm testing an frg83 rom with petes v2 low voltage kernels. Setting is 125/550 interactive. I'll let everyone know battery life tonight.
  16. buellboy9

buellboy9 New Member

Does Pete have LV Froyo kernels?? The ones posted on his site are all Gingerbread (I'm assuming, since the subject of this thread is "FRG83G", that you're running Froyo on your phone)...
  17. zoomy942

zoomy942 New Member

I didn't see a reason why his LV's wouldn't work with Froyo. There aren't any specific drivers for GB on the OG Droid and ChevyNo1's kernels are all listed as GB/Froyo.

At any rate, its working fantastic. It's the only kernel I can use at 125 on the low side and have it work great.
  18. buellboy9

buellboy9 New Member

Interesting. I wasn't aware of that. So those kernels COULD work with Bugless Beast, then...
  19. zoomy942

zoomy942 New Member

i would think so. i know Froyo kernels have trouble with GB, but GB ones i figured were backwards compatible.

I'm hoping to see great battery life today from this kernel. i have it at 125/550 Interactive.
  20. Dwyndal

Dwyndal New Member

Hi guys,

I was just wondering this myself. I just flashed from bugless to SS 5.4 and the drain was hard and the few issues were ok but more than i want to work with on my droid. I was going to test sorcery or just head back to petes FRG83G andi try a chevy ULV kernal most likely a 900 for on demad, never tried interactive i'llhave to check that out on the kernals sticky but i heard chevy's kernals were running hot so i'll have to give this a test but i have found my OG to be best running Froyo it's stable and just a few issues with theming but eh i got the most out of my phone using that. Will be testing kernals the hehe good luck