Few thing I need to do.

OP
S

skyshadow

Reaction score
No I have it set to cmda only cause when I do lte/cmda I can't get an internet signal at all (neither 3g or 4g will work)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

captdroid

Reaction score
No I have it set to cmda only cause when I do lte/cmda I can't get an internet signal at all (neither 3g or 4g will work)

Well you can only get 4g if you have lte/cdma select. I live in a very weak 3g signal area and get 3g one bar usually sometimes two having lte/cdma selected. Try changing it to lte/cdma and rebooting your phone. If you still can't I would contact Verizon and ask them why their eHRPD:13 network does not seem to be working on your Gnex. Your phone will show this eHRPD:13 when you have a 3g signal in phone status in settings.

OP
S

skyshadow

Reaction score
Well you can only get 4g if you have lte/cdma select. I live in a very weak 3g signal area and get 3g one bar usually sometimes two having lte/cdma selected. Try changing it to lte/cdma and rebooting your phone. If you still can't I would contact Verizon and ask them why their eHRPD:13 network does not seem to be working on your Gnex. Your phone will show this eHRPD:13 when you have a 3g signal in phone status in settings.

Well that was weird. I did as you said and turned lte on and rebooted and after a minute or so it works. What's up with that? Do I have to do a reboot every time I change modes?

captdroid

Reaction score
Well that was weird. I did as you said and turned lte on and rebooted and after a minute or so it works. What's up with that? Do I have to do a reboot every time I change modes?

No you really shouldn't need to reboot. There are some bugs that should be corrected shortly. I just leave mine in lte/cdma mode since I don't see any benefit to having cdma only selected on the Gnex with the way the Gnex radios and Verizon's network is setup. I also use WiFi at home which the phone automatically uses when it comes within distance and switches over to WiFi. I don't have any issues with the Wifi / 3g / 4g switching usually just leaving in lte/cdma mode and WiFi turned on. I am running the leaked most updated radios for the Gnex which are expected in another week or so to be pushed over the air update for stock phones along with ICS 4.03 stock ROM update.

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Noticed no one had mentioned how to fix your keyboard lag.

For your keyboard lag, there's an ICS bug with the stock keyboard that occurs in landscape mode after 2 lines of text, here's how to fix it until they push the first update.

Go to settings.

Go to Language and Input.

Find Spelling correction and uncheck it.

Don't worry, you'll still have autocorrect and spellcheck.

OP
S

skyshadow

Reaction score
OK that seems to fix that. OK cool now my only issue is that I have really bad battery life. I usually use cmda only mode cause I don't really need 4g too much, but even with that I still get like only 8-9 hours of use with a screen on time of about an hour to an hour and a half.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK that seems to fix that. OK cool now my only issue is that I have really bad battery life. I usually use cmda only mode cause I don't really need 4g too much, but even with that I still get like only 8-9 hours of use with a screen on time of about an hour to an hour and a half.

What's your screen brightness set to?

captdroid

Reaction score

You running the stock battery or the extended? My GF was running the stock battery for a short time and her battery life was terrible. Battery life was much better once she got the extended battery. I don't know why since the extended should only add maybe 2-3 hours or so from what I have read but it really did make a difference.

Another thing to be aware is a bug exists in ICS 4.02 stock that causes the phone to stay awake when it should be sleeping. Try letting the phone time out and shut the screen off instead of pressing the power button to turn the screen off. Another trick that may help is to bring up the camera at least once after booting the phone. These things may help from what I have read regarding this bug. Also I noticed improving battery life after several significant discharge/recharge. Just some thoughts. My GF doesn't do any of these things and I use screebl from the market to turn the screen off usually. :biggrin:

Last edited:
OP
S

skyshadow

Reaction score
Will those bugs be fixed with an update soon? Also is there ever going to be a bigger extended battery?

captdroid

Reaction score
Will those bugs be fixed with an update soon? Also is there ever going to be a bigger extended battery?

Yes those bugs should be fixed the next over the air update expected in a week or so. Somewhere around here I saw a post about a bigger extended battery that is coming but I would expect that battery to add a fair amount of thickness to the phone.

Keep in mind I am running the same ROM version as you are and my battery life is fine even with moderate to heavy use and I do use the power button to turn the screen off when out and about.

OP
S

skyshadow

Reaction score
On cool. One more thing then. I seem to be having some multi touch issues when playing games. This is especially noticeable when playing games like order and chaos and other games that you walk while swiping to move the camera. Is there something wrong with my phone?

captdroid

Reaction score
On cool. One more thing then. I seem to be having some multi touch issues when playing games. This is especially noticeable when playing games like order and chaos and other games that you walk while swiping to move the camera. Is there something wrong with my phone?

Multi touch bug... hopefully fixed soon with OTA update.

Another bug is autobrightness does not changing as it should.

These will be fixed with ICS update. Or a custom dev ROM maybe sooner. :)

OP
S

skyshadow

Reaction score
So my screen touch digitizer isn't defective then? Thats a huge relief! I was worried cause I'm on the go a lot and games are pretty important to me

captdroid

Reaction score
So my screen touch digitizer isn't defective then? Thats a huge relief! I was worried cause I'm on the go a lot and games are pretty important to me

Nope most likely the known mutitouch bug.

OP
S

skyshadow

Reaction score
Sweeeeet! I love this phone even more now! I'm a patient person and I don't mind waiting for a update. I came from a Droid x and with that phone waiting was the name of the game!