Few thing I need to do.

skyshadow

Reaction score
Well now that I have a nexus there are a few things I need to do. I need to know how to up my sound and volume level and quality with an app, decide on a screen protector, decide on a case, and figure out why I'm having signal issues while at my house (barely anything sometimes wont even send texts) and at work (3g works but sometimes drops and won't reconnect for a bit) I don't seem to have as many issues while on the road. Also I would like to figure out why my keyboard lags in landscape mode and why multi touch won't work in some games. Sorry for the long laundry list guys I appreciate all the help though!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

samiusmc

Reaction score
These are the same issues I had with the Nexus, plus the issue with the GPS taking forever to lock. I went through two of them. I realized there's a defect causing these issues. I switched to the Rezound and couldn't be happier.

pool_shark

Reaction score
My GPS works fine, the only time it takes long to lock is after rebooting.

People use volume+ or an equalizer app for the speaker volume.

Screen protector is a choice, I don't use one, but I have the Verizon shell/holster combo w/kickstand.

I've read if you disable spell correction under language it helps with keyboard lag.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Volume+ is a great app to increase the volume - read thru the tutorial, lots of tips and tricks in it.

I don't use the stock keyboard, so I don't have much suggestion for ya there.

OP
S

skyshadow

Reaction score
Volume+ doesn't seem to work. My ring and notification tones aren't any louder even on the highest setting. Am I doing something wrong? Also why does it say its meant for gingerbread?

captdroid

Reaction score
Volume+ doesn't seem to work. My ring and notification tones aren't any louder even on the highest setting. Am I doing something wrong? Also why does it say its meant for gingerbread?

First of all where did you download Volume+ from? Did you download from the developer site, purchase from the market or download the free market one?

OP
S

skyshadow

Reaction score
The free version from the market

captdroid

Reaction score
The free version from the market

That's the problem. Uninstall that free one you download from the market. Download Volume+ from the developers site or purchase it from the Market. Developer gives the latest version away if you want it for download his site Androidaudiohacks link below. Or you can purchase it from the market link below for a buck sixty two.

https://market.android.com/details?...51bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5URVNULmFuZHJvaWQubHZoIl0.

http://androidaudiohacks.com/?page_id=16

Last edited:
OP
S

skyshadow

Reaction score
so I have to buy the app? I'm not opposed to paying for something that works but that link looks like the same thing in the market. Please excuse my scepticism if I'm wrong.

captdroid

Reaction score
so I have to buy the app? I'm not opposed to paying for something that works but that link looks like the same thing in the market. Please excuse my scepticism if I'm wrong.

No you don't have to buy the app for a buck sixty two. As I said the developer gives the app away for download from his website if you don't want to buy it from the market.

Just avoid downloading the Volume+ (Free) one that is in the market. That one is not updated and doesn't work.

OP
S

skyshadow

Reaction score
OK I downloaded it and set it to +6 it seems a lot louder with music but I'll have to see with ringtones at work today.

OP
S

skyshadow

Reaction score
Ringtone volume seems better. Now I just need to see what to do about why I can't get 4g anywhere

doublea500

Reaction score
for multi touch problems, i get this too. just reboot the phone and itll be fixed.

OP
S

skyshadow

Reaction score
I tried that and it continues to happen. I don't what to say or do. Its only in a couple of games too.

captdroid

Reaction score
Ringtone volume seems better. Now I just need to see what to do about why I can't get 4g anywhere

Don't know why you can't get 4g anywhere. In system settings do you have lte/cdma mode selected for mobile networks?

Here is a 4g speed test I did earlier today while we were sitting inside a iMax theater waiting for the movie to start. This in northern PA.