Few ?'s: FB notifications, email, + weather lag

jmwilson

Reaction score
1. Facebook gives me notifications for when random people on my friends list update their pages. No idea why. I don't want a notification for every person who changes their page. wtf. How do I stop it?

2. Does anyone elses home page weather (under clock) lag? i.e. It's 8pm and dark out, but you still have a sunshine symbol?

3. The page just to the left of the home page (email page), is that just for people who have sync'ed email? I use a mail.com email, is that supported with this phone? If not, can I delete the email page? Because right now it just says no mail constantly.

4. Are the order of the main 7 slides/pages changeable? i.e. can I make the first to the right not favorites and something else?

Thanks for the help.

OP
J

jmwilson

Reaction score
And one more thing,

Can I make my text alert sound a ringtone? I only see where you can make it a noise, like the facebook pop. But can it be a song that I download?

TJTHEBEST

Reaction score
To get rid of the email thing just click and hold it and then a think on the bottom will pop up that says remove and you just drag it there.

posey46

Reaction score
As for the facebook part, when you go to open the notifications for facebook, go to menu after you open the facebook updates notifications and select settings. It will ask you how frequently you want the phone to check for updates from facebook. Uncheck it the box next to that to get it to stop checking for facebook updates.

As for the ringtone for text messages, there has not been anything that I have found that lets me set text message alerts to something I have downloaded. I can only use the sounds that came with the phone. I am not using another messaging service besides the stock one that came with the phone though.

gutsploder

Reaction score
you can use any downloaded song or sound for notifications. I have many. my favs are "herbert the pervert from family guy soundboard", and crank yankers special Ed doing "YAY, i've got mail!!!!". Quagmire doing "gigity gigity" the list goes on and on.