Few Questions....

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by SilverSS/SC, Apr 4, 2010.

1. SilverSS/SC

SilverSS/SC Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I have had my Droid for a little while now, and love it. Because of this site, I have customized my Droid. For all of the Help, I thank you all. I found this photo on google, and had some questions about it.
    [​IMG]

#1 - How do I change the colors of the power app?
    #2 - What are these three apps?

Next, I wanted to see if I am missing anything that you all think I need/should have. My current build looks like this:
    Droid - root'd
    Ultimate Droid v9.0
    JIT enabled
    Chevy's 1.2ghz oc kernel - running a custom 1.2ghz profile with SetCPU

And my Droid has shut itself off on it's own two or three times on me. What is the reason for that?

And last but not least, What is the Helix launcher? it is using up battery, but I don't see what it is, or where it is.

Thanks for all the help.

2. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i just answered this in your other thread, next time please be patient and dont make two threads for the same exact thing. here the answers if you look here first.

Your first question the application on top is actually a widget that comes preinstalled its called "Power Control Widget" and the colors are blue because of a theme (adamz smoked glass theme i believe) the ones on the bottom im not sure what they are exactly but i believe 2 of them are memory widgets showing how much space is left on your internal/sd card.

The reboots i wouldnt worry too much about, but if they become more frequent then you could try a different kernel and see if that fixes the problem.

Helix Launcher is a home replacement application (other than the stock one) with UD he may have a script with his too allow you to remove it because i know it came with his rom here are the different scripts for removing the other home replacements:
    -rmhelix (removes helix launcher)
    -rmhelix2 (removes helix launcher 2)
    -rmlauncher (removes home launcher)
    -rmlauncher2 (removes 3D launcher)
    to use the scripts download "terminal emulator" from the market and type in "su" <enter> [enter the script here] <enter>
    *dont actually type the quotes or the "< >" or the "[ ]" buttons those are just to separate things*

i hope that helps you

3. CatsTide

CatsTide Member

Ratings:
    +0
    change the color of the power control widget with a theme. you can find some with metamorph and some in update.zip formats. the first widget is the internal memory widget,the second looks like an sd card memory widget. not sure about the third. if your shutting down i would try a kernel running a lower cpu speed. if you have cpu monitor installed try to kick it back a notch or two. helix is a home replacement app.

4. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1 for using metamorph to change the theme of things but always make a backup of your current setup before doing the theme, that way if something goes wrong you wont be screwed.

5. SilverSS/SC

SilverSS/SC Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for the double post....didn't know where it belonged. Thanks for the help though!!!

6. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    your welcome, i hope it helped you :)