Few Questions

Reaction score
So I just picked up the Droid 2, and love it so far. Aside from a few things that are bothering me, I am happy with this phone. I just got a few questions:

1. I downloaded Advanced Task Killer, and i select the apps I dont want running, and stop them. But when I check the task killer again 2 minutes later, all the programs I stopped(killed) are running again. Whats the deal? how can I stop them from running until i directly go to them?

and 2. I have Juice Defender running to save battery life, but am afraid that it isn't working properly with the task killer running. What should I do? Get rid of it?

Any help would be appreciated. I know it will take a few weeks to get the hang of things a little better, but this is really bothering me, because my battery seems to only last 1 day with light use. Thanks in advance!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Get rid of task killer. It's interfering with the way your Droid is managing it's memory. Eventually this is going to cause you issues down the line.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/65483-task-killers-answer-google-developers.html

I don't know about juice defender, my best advice to you in regards to the battery is to purchase an extra battery from Amazon for around 8.00, get a wall charger off of ebay for 5.00, and think about getting a dock to charge your phone when you are not using it.

But definitely get rid of task killer.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree with Hook - get rid of task killer, read the link he posted.

I use JuiceDefender and have so for several months. It works great, but probably not as good for you since you got ATK.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: glad you found us! be sure to check out the Droid Discussions section for all things Droid related, and then head over to our separate section devoted entirely to the D2. tons of info in here, and plenty of people willing to help! jump in, get involved, don't hesitate to ask questions, and enjoy the ride!

as to your specific questions, i agree with what's been said - get rid of the task killer. as for juice defender, i haven't heard of it causing problems. about the only way to find out, for your particular phone, is to experiment with it and without it and compare the results. good luck!