Few questions from a droid noob

brianr0131

Reaction score
Blur is FAR from vanilla Android. :D

But, this is off topic. Sorry for the threadjack! :)

hijack.gif

The rom(s) available for D2G are vanilla though. Right? That's what I was referring to. I think we're veering back towards topic a little. LOL

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Pretty much. Development will continue till we get the same variety we have on the X (maybe; the X seems to be the more preferred device), but when it comes right down to it a ROM for the X/2/Pro/Variants is basically nothing more than a glorified theme. :)

And yes, we're kind of getting back on topic.

To reiterate; there is one SBF, it has been released, but you have to pay for and download the Team Black Hat app from the market in order to get it at this moment.

Now we're back. :D

OP
P

Plainzwalker

Reaction score
Ok, so task killer = bad (for the most part) and romanced dangerous for the most part. So I'll just stick with rooting and tethering for now then.

Thank you very much. I can't wait to get the phones so I can actually start messing with them.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Pretty much. ROMs are fine once we get more of them and the SBF in the open. :) Basically you just need to get it and play for a while then wait.

Oh, and you can (and probably should) install a replacement launcher as soon as you get the device. I recommend ADW and ADW EX. Launcher Pro might have more "stuff" to go with it, but ADW handles memory a bit better.

wilboy

Reaction score
For me task killer isn't bad at all.Actually it doen't kill the application,it's just closes the applications that was running on the background...rather than tapping the back button.This task killer helps me for watching movies/videos that uses too much battery/memory,it helps at least...on my experienced!

Last edited:

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Automated task killing is bad.

Periodically, though, having a task killer that is easy to use is nice.
Its kind of a hassle to head through three or four layers of menus to kill an app when you could tap a widget on your homescreen.
I did that sometimes with stock rom on my original droid because of the crappy RAM situation. I'm doing it with my archos for the same reason.

I have atk on my archos set to ignore a lot of apps, all of my widget apps, and I can't even see my system apps. Then I'm using Startup Auditor to prevent most apps from restarting on their own.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App