few questions about going back to custom from stock again

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Mozuna01, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Mozuna01

Mozuna01 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Right now I am at the stock verizon version, but before i had installed BB through the update.zip method. On my phone right now i have the normal recovery mode instead of the sprecovery. I removed the sprecovey from the sd card as well as the flash_image file and my nandroid folder with my rooted backup. To get back to root so i can get the bugless beast mod through the nandroid restore method as apposed to the update.zip method which came with problems like startup issues where the phone would repeat the red droid eye startup three times before i could unlock with lag and i would have no service for like a second, do i need the flash_image file anymore and how would i get sprecovery again. Do i need to reinstall it or just drop it in my root and it will be there once i X + power button boot? BTW those issues i was talking about are supposedly resolved by using the nandroid installation method as apposed to the update.zip method, as someone told me.

2. blake2050

blake2050 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You will have to start all over. Root your phone then install sprecovery. Once done then you can nandroid restore that rom.

3. Mozuna01

Mozuna01 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so i will have to start over as if i never rooted or altered my phone in anyway first place?

4. blake2050

blake2050 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you went completely back to stock then yes. Thats the whole purpose of going back to stock..