few ERIS questions..........

mrhavoc1988

Reaction score
ok to start im new to this forum but im members of others (non-phone related, bmx-forum.com is my main forum), but i just ordered a htc (droid) eris which should be here monday-tuesday (at latest) and i have a few questions:

battery cycle? i honestly have no clue which is the best way/correct way to do this and get the most out of the standard battery.

extended battery? i know battery time depends on usage, ive always been a smart phone user and i know that sometimes batteries drain faster than normal or might last longer than usual even with the same amount of usage, i just want to know if the 1700-1750mAh is worth buying for a heavy user that would like to keep the phone slim.

turning off- gps, "always on", dropping notification frequency, back light time/ brightness, volume, apps. has anyone turned off or done all this and seen a noticeable improvement in battery life with heavy usage?

last thing...i promise...

CHEAP extended batteries (under $40-$50) anyone find them and know its a trust worthy site?

any and all feed back will be greatly greatly appreciated.

joe :droideris:

Last edited:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum Mrhavoc! I don't own an Eris so I can't help you but perhaps this :bump: will produce more replies. Good luck! :D

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok to start im new to this forum but im members of others (non-phone related, bmx-forum.com is my main forum), but i just ordered a htc (droid) eris which should be here monday-tuesday (at latest) and i have a few questions:

battery cycle? i honestly have no clue which is the best way/correct way to do this and get the most out of the standard battery.

extended battery? i know battery time depends on usage, ive always been a smart phone user and i know that sometimes batteries drain faster than normal or might last longer than usual even with the same amount of usage, i just want to know if the 1700-1750mAh is worth buying for a heavy user that would like to keep the phone slim.

turning off- gps, "always on", dropping notification frequency, back light time/ brightness, volume, apps. has anyone turned off or done all this and seen a noticeable improvement in battery life with heavy usage?

CHEAP extended batteries (under $40-$50) anyone find them and know its a trust worthy site?

I was getting excellent battery life on the stock 2.1 July MR OS by:

Dimming the phone (completely inside, about half outside). Turning off GPS, bluetooth, and WIFI except when using those features. Also go into Settings--->Wireless & networks--->Mobile networks and turn off Enable always on mobile.

Did all that and with the updates was getting a full day of battery life with moderate to heavy usage!

Then I rooted and overclocked and I am back to about 12 hours before my battery is nearly depleted.

Never bought any of the batteries, since to really make them effective you have to have a charger that can charge just batteries (since you'll have an additional one).

OP
M

mrhavoc1988

Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum Mrhavoc! I don't own an Eris so I can't help you but perhaps this :bump: will produce more replies. Good luck! :D

i appreciate the reply and bump! so far the forums been very helpful to a new droid user. this will always be my first stop for any questions i have pertaining to the droid :icon_ banana:

OP
M

mrhavoc1988

Reaction score

Dimming the phone (completely inside, about half outside). Turning off GPS, bluetooth, and WIFI except when using those features. Also go into Settings--->Wireless & networks--->Mobile networks and turn off Enable always on mobile.

Did all that and with the updates was getting a full day of battery life with moderate to heavy usage!

Then I rooted and overclocked and I am back to about 12 hours before my battery is nearly depleted.

Never bought any of the batteries, since to really make them effective you have to have a charger that can charge just batteries (since you'll have an additional one).

i just got my eris in...didnt realize monday took fridays spot haha i havent turned it on yet as ive read several times to leave the phone off and give it a full charge. im not sure if its running the 1.5 or newer OS but ill find out when i turn on the phone. also is there anything i should know about the phone that isnt explained (color of led when charged 100%?). any and all feed back is greatly appreciated! :greendroid::icon_ peace:

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

i just got my eris in...didnt realize monday took fridays spot haha i havent turned it on yet as ive read several times to leave the phone off and give it a full charge. im not sure if its running the 1.5 or newer OS but ill find out when i turn on the phone. also is there anything i should know about the phone that isnt explained (color of led when charged 100%?). any and all feed back is greatly appreciated! :greendroid::icon_ peace:

Not really. It is all pretty straightforward! Enjoy the phone!

OP
M

mrhavoc1988

Reaction score

Not really. It is all pretty straightforward! Enjoy the phone!

so if the phones off and charging how do you know when it has a full charge??