1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Few Concerns

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Mozuna01, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Mozuna01

Mozuna01 New Member

I didnt see anything specifically related to my concerns in the search so im going to ask in a new thread. First, I wanted to know what is the flash_image file for when im installing sprecovery. Or Does Flash_image allow you to flash things? Thats my guess. Second, before i install Bbeast through nandroid restore all i need is a rooted phone, sprecovery, and the nandroid restore for BB 7.4 right? I also know i have to wipe system, data, and cache right? If so, I know i will lose my settings and apps, but will i lose contacts or anything of that sort? if so How do i resolve that. Last, where do i get the Bugless beast 7.4 nandroid restore and what is busybox to my phone? Thats about it for all my questions. Thanks
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  2. blake2050

blake2050 New Member

lol lets see if I can answer all these for ya.

1. you are right about flash_image, it just flashes. lol
    2. Yes thats all you need to install beast
    3. You dont have to wipe those before doing a nandroid restore.
    4. But yes you will lose your settings and apps. Contacts and apps are stored in your google account so just make sure your account is synced before you do anything. Once the restore is done just re setup your account and sync back up. It wont do all apps though. I use mybackup pro to backup ALL of my data and apps then once I flash a rom then i just restore all the data and apps with that program.
    5. DIRECT LINK TO BEAST NANDROID
  3. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Okay....the flash_image is something needed to flash your phone, not exactly sure what it does, but it works and I dont question it...lol. And to install BB 7.4 you need SPRecovery and for your phone to be rooted....you also need to create a new file on the main directory of your sdcard and name the folder "nandroid", thats where SPRecovery will store nandroid backups. And no you don't need to wipe /system for the nandroid restore of BB7.4. Just Cache and Data....and you will lose all your data so you will have to set up all your settings up again.....your contacts, paid apps, and calender events are stored within your Google account, so you can access these 3 things from ANY Android phone actually, as long as you sign in to your Google account. Not exactly sure what busybox does, sorry. And this is where you get the nandroid file for BB 0.7.4:

[ROM] Bugless Beast V0.7.4 (Maps Update Available)
  4. Mozuna01

Mozuna01 New Member

Both of you were on spot with your explanations. Thank you. How do i wipe out data without wiping the system. Theyre both on the same line.
  5. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

What line are you talking about?
  6. Mozuna01

Mozuna01 New Member

In sprecovery the line is wipe data/factory reset and right under is clear partition cache or ssomething which is fine. how do i wipe data without selecting factory reset which i presume is the same as saying wiping system.
  7. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

No no, wipe data and factory reset are the same thing....thats not the same thing as wiping system....
  8. Mozuna01

Mozuna01 New Member

Oooooo ok then :). Thanks for the help! I'm all set. I lied...do i put the bb 7.4.zip nandroid file in the nandroid folder like that or do i have a folder and rename it to the BDS 100...so forth and extract the zip into it.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  9. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

I hope this helps!! Wiping the /system directory is a whole lot more serious task to do than a factory reset...System is what allows the phone to run the way it does, look the way it does, etc. Factory reset means to "reset" all the user data that has been added to the phone...
  10. blake2050

blake2050 New Member

But like I said since your doing a nandroid restore of the rom dont even worry about doing that. Just do a restore and youll be fine...
  11. Mozuna01

Mozuna01 New Member

I edited my last post and had an extra question....do i put the BB7.4 zip file in the nandroid folder as is, or do i extract the contents into a folder then put it in?
  12. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Extract the folder you just downloaded with WinRAR, if you don't have it, you can google it, its real simple to get...honestly...

Extract it to your desktop to keep track easier, and there'll be a folder that starts with like BDS-200202 or something of that nature.....its just a regular folder....but just copy that folder and paste into your nandroid folder n the sdcard...and then proceed!!!
  13. Mozuna01

Mozuna01 New Member

sorry for double post but i have a new problem and rebooted to get into sprecovery but it is loading the normal recovery. I already installed sprecovery succesfully as well. I had to, to make the backup and whatnot. How is this?
  14. blake2050

blake2050 New Member

Well first of all it should NOT be a .zip file. If you are doing a nandroid restore is should end in .rar. The .zip file is the update. If you extract those files it wont work and may mess up your phone. Make sure its the correct one you are using. Needs to be .rar and like nate said extract all those files (boot.img, data.tar, system.tar, nandroidmd5) to a folder inside the nandroid folder. Name it whatever, then in nandroid do a restore and choose that folder you just made...
  15. blake2050

blake2050 New Member

Oh man looks like i wasnt fast enough... now instead of doing the nandroid backup just use the update.zip file and install that way. Should get your sprecovery back up and the rom as well..
  16. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

This is puzzling......I have no clue as to how this could be possible??????
  17. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Oh my lord Blake your right I just noticed they mentioned it was a .zip file and not .rar!!!!
  18. Mozuna01

Mozuna01 New Member

sorry its a rar i just have a bad habit of calling all of them zips.
  19. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

But then why were you in default recovery??
  20. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

I don't know but I gotta go to bed.........good luck and if you would decide to wait til tomorrow I would help out then but I gotta get some shut-eye...........