Felt like crying today...

Hagens3

Reaction score
Sooo.. I went into the verizon store a couple weeks ago and they said i am able to get a new phone and receive the 2 year renewal discount on the 15th (which is today.) So I went into the store today with a big smile on my face knowing that I am going to come out of the store with a Droid. BUT when I told them what I wanted, they said, "sorry, your going to have to wait untill Sat. (the 19th). DAMN! lol. oh well... only 4 more days! :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
They wouldn't move it up by 4 days? Thats just crazy......

I've never heard of them doing that to a customer. 4 weeks I could understand but 4 days is insanity : )

Oh well...few more days......

In the meantime welcome aboard Hagens

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
That is ridiculous. 4 days? Give me a break. They moved mine up 4 weeks so I could get the Droid the day it was released. You should have pitched a little fit since someone did tell you to come back today. Oh well, Saturday will be here soon enough I guess.

Reaction score
That nuts I got moved up 3 months because I was unhappy with all the replacement stormie they were sending me. Verizon offered me a new storm or storm 2 or tour I told them NO I have a couple more months let me do my early upgrade and keep me as a happy costumer. They had no problem after I presented my case.

cuskit

Reaction score
My renewal was moved up three months (this is standard for 2-year renewal dates. Mine was Nov 22, but my birthday is Nov 6, the day the droid was released. I went in hopeful, but was turned down.. :( My store just wouldn't budge! So - I had to wait another 16 days. They were agonizing to say the least! But I learned a lot here on these forums on those 16 days, so I knew more about what I was getting by the 22. All is well in my Droidian Land! :)

A happy camper - Mikey

s-one

Reaction score
Go to a diff ver store. they should hook ya up.

intense

Reaction score
4 days? That's ridiculous they couldn't help you with that. At least Saturday isn't too far away. But still, I would have been as annoyed as you are especially since you took time out of your day to go to the vzw store.

phone

Reaction score
They should have let you have it, especially since they told you the wrong date to begin with. I don't see the downside for Verizon to let you have it four days early. I can only see an upside. But I don't know their business either....

You'll enjoy it once you get it. :)

srorobs

Reaction score
I am in the same situation...well, kinda. My eligible upgrade date is 1/22, but I am trying to get the Droid some time next week. My store is usually pretty good, but do you think they will give me the $199 price, or the NE2 $149. Any help would be appreciated.

texasPI

Reaction score
They wouldn't move it up by 4 days? Thats just crazy......

I've never heard of them doing that to a customer. 4 weeks I could understand but 4 days is insanity : )

Oh well...few more days......

In the meantime welcome aboard Hagens

Yeah, that happened to me once about four years ago. I had to wait till next day. It was less than 24 hrs really but they wouldn't budge. I was not a happy camper at all.

jasonb

Reaction score
Verizon made me wait 9 days. i went in to get one and they told me i had to come back in 9 days. i was super pissed that they couldn't budge on the date. when the day finally came i went to best buy instead and got it for $199 w/o the stupid mail in rebate.