Fellow Niner Fans, is the Sky Falling?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by pc747, Mar 9, 2015.

1. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +6,164
    [​IMG]

It started with the rumors of Harbaugh and Baalke not getting along. Then the news all niner fans knew was coming, Jim Harbaugh to Michigan. Looks like the team was falling but columnists and various media, grabbing something on the way down, believed all was ok. So over the months I tried to hold onto hope despite the team forsaking a name coach like a Mike Shanahan for Defensive Line Coach Jim Tomsula. But again people said calm down as players seemed to love playing for the guy. But speaking of players, the team will be allowing the heart and soul of the team, Frank Gore, to sign with the Eagles. If swallowing that news was not enough we further learn that both Patrick Willis and Justin Smith announce their retirement. Justin Smith I understand but not Patrick Willis. Right now it seems like we are falling and I wonder if it would be best to just fall now so we can begin our climb back up to the top or continue grabbing for something to slow the fall. If what we grab breaks and we end up falling to the bottom anyway then we wasted time and delayed the climb back up.

So niner fans is the sky falling or do you still see hope in what the team is doing?

2. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,348
    I think the management is doing anything and everything to undue the Harbaugh era on purpose.

3. mach330

mach330 Active Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Today was the final nail I'm the coffin for me. So depressed. I really don't know where this team is headed this year.

Tap'd via Note 4...

4. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +6,164
    I feel like the few niner fans we talked off the ledge just turned around and jumped. Wow I dont know ....like in a way I rather it all happen in one off season and we get it over with but wow.

Then again I was the one who said I rather we just fall straight to the bottom, no holding on or prolonging the fall. The sooner we hit rock bottom the sooner we can start our climb back up to the top.

5. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,348
    Pete proved the doubters wrong when he dismantled the parts of the Seahawks that didn't retire , Chip is in his year where he'll either be another genius or soon unemployed.
    On the surface yes the niners are going to get a high draft pick next year but time will tell how many years they'll be fighting the Redskins for highest nfc draft choice. Raiders have highest afc one locked up for the next 3 years.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4

6. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +6,164
    By far this has to be the worst off season ever experienced by a team.

7. Ollie

Ollie Droid Does

Ratings:
    +2,483
    Current Phone Model:
    Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
    I've never been a 9ers fan, but I did enjoy watching Montana play.

• Like Like x 4
  8. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,530
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    I used to love Montana to Rice..I remember a game when I was a child ..they scored 3 touchdowns in 7 minutes against the rams I think it was...a Monday night game in October... The defense really did their job forcing those turnovers and stopping everything the rams had..

I don't remember the final score..but it was close and the 49'rs won .

9. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +6,164
    @wicked you good, did you need a drink after the Aldon Smith news, or did you do like me and just shrugged like "eh".

When my brother told me the news I gave up on Aldon and was more irritated with him wasting our time than the news. I mean with all the news I would be good with a 8-8 or 9-7 season (which is pushing it).

As far as Aldon Smith I'm all for second chances but he don't need to be driving that alone allowed to walk the streets. If he was not a football player he would be doing a lot more time. Shows that the only color that matters in this world is green.

10. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod

Ratings:
    +1,672
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    When it rains it pours.

Aldon had it coming to be honest, just a matter of time when. He needs professional help and a better group of friends off the field to keep him out of trouble. 5 arrests....c'mon man.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mach330

mach330 Active Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Yeah this was depressing. You would think after the previous DUI and rehab that at least you would hire a driver to drive you around 24/7

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +6,164
    With the money he makes there is no excuse. Don't get me wrong there really is ever an excuse to drive drunk but I have less sympathy for a celebrity. Not because they are perfect, as they are human too, but because they have the resources. Heck Aldon can probably agree to appear in one on the local transportation ads for free as an exchange for free or reduced transportation.

The problem with some athletes is that someone has allowed them to get by with a warning (multiple) because of their potential ability vs holding them accountable. They get the excuse "you don't want to ruin this kids future over a small mistake, remember when you were young and made stupid mistakes".

Instead of letting them get by they need to hold them accountable. Does that mean the kid is going to miss a big high school game yup but better he get it right then vs in the pros where he is missing games and causing unnecessary attention.

• Agree Agree x 1